Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any traditions you have kept going in your house at christmas

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
dave the gaffer said:
Trouble is the fruit of my whatsis are female and I think I would get what for if I got em a scalextric!

Get them one, if they complain you can take it back. Sorted! :jester:

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
1. Watching the last Blue Peter before Christmas - getting really excited about what pressies the animals were going to get!

2. Same routine as OLTW except place wellies round fireplace and dust talc round them to give imprints of santa's boots in snow on carpet. (Youngest still believes even though it is not snowing outside!!!!!!!!)

3. Searching through the bins on Boxing Day as Mother-in Law (In an effort to tidy up) has thrown away some vital instruction leaflet or plastic bit of toy or sheet of stickers to go on toy.

4. Throwing a wobbly at boys 'cos they get gravy down new albion shirt at dinner table.

5. Mrs Milkins throwing a wobbly at me for throwing a wobbly at boys as I shouldn't have let them wear new footie shirt, instead of the sensible shirt their Nan bought them)

6. Wearing of sensible jumper (pressie from Mother-in-Law) at Mother-in laws the next day

Last edited:

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Perry Milkins said:

3. Searching through the bins on Boxing Day as Mother-in Law (In an effort to tidy up) has thrown away some vital instruction leaflet or plastic bit of toy or sheet of stickers to go on toy.

4. Throwing a wobbly at boys 'cos they get gravy down new albion shirt at dinner table.

5. Mrs Milkins throwing a wobbly at me for throwing a wobbly at boys as I shouldn't have let them wear new footie shirt, instead of the sensible shirt their Nan bought them)

6. Wearing of sensible jumper (pressie from Mother-in-Law) at Mother-in laws the next day

Me thinks that theres a lot of houses with these routines on Christmas Day. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
My Father without fail, two weeks before Christmas will go on his tree shopping expedition. Before leaving he'll tell my mother he's getting a small tree this year.
He will then travel roughly 300 hundred miles around Sussex sourcing the cheapest trees. When he gets back the tree will be so big it can't fit in the front room, so he'll have to chop a bit off.

My sister and mother will then artfully decorate the tree and when they've left the house everyone else will cover it in gaudy crap.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Used to before my parents split up. Such as the barny between my mum and dad about how much my mum had spent and why my dad wasn't making an efffort! Oh how happy days . . . !

Always used to have to watch the Queen's speech though - yawn. And go to Mass on christmas eve, which wasn't too bad as I got sweeties - when I was younger anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here