Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any sympathy for this woman?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If she'd been an MP caught stealing taxpayer money through dishonest expense claims she would have had the opportunity to apologise, give the trainers back, and not be jailed.

Hmmm ..... I have no sympathy with either MPs or this young lady but if memory serves me right a number of MPs ( or ex-MPs ) did actually go to jail earlier this year for exactly that !

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
i like how she has her back to the camera, where it looks like she is thinking about what she has done....all that crap, fact is, she has a face like she got hit with the ugly stick.....then someone came back with a baseball bat to finish the job.....

ALL the rioters should be made examples of, fact is, theyre all scumbags who think theyre 'ard' for breaking into shops etc, hopefully they got a smack in prison by someone

they all make me sick when i think how hard some people work for their buisiness, and some are ruined homes are ruined, lives are ruined, all because these useless, waste of space, knobs, are retaliating against the police?

f*** the lot of em, let em rot

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Every one faces temptation and an oppotunity to steal at some point in their lives, even as kids, not thinking through the consequences of getting caught. She chose to steal, she got caught so must face the punishment.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I do feel sorry for her - it must be difficult to be making a way through life with the handicap of having 2 left feet.

Billy Paynter has earnt a living.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Ridiculous really, if she'd nicked a pair of shoes at any other time, she'd get banned from the shop, maybe given a police warning or maybe some community service, but never prison.

But she didn't did she? She was part of the rioting and looting, not a casual shoplifter.

"[she] was caught on CCTV crawling under shutters that had been shattered by rioters..."

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I've said it on other threads before, trial by media is never a good thing. Courts should be objective and not try to make an example of people. A prison sentence for first offence and a minor theft is ridiculous.

A subject like this is the biggest paradox on NSC. The liberal masses of the board who are all for equal rights and looking after the vunerable, take one look at a poorly educated teenager who had a moment of stupidity and all of a sudden they lurch to the right of Thather and turn all autoritarian.

The OB probably haven't even bothered to catch the real troublemakers of that week. Just nick a load of stupid teenagers who didn't cover their faces to make the numbers look good.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
She looks like she's defensively trying to hide nerves to me.

Yeah, of course, but these punishments are out of all proportion. A jail sentence at her age, with no previous, seriously messes her chances of starting a decent career. Some serious slaps on the wrists were needed, fines, community service etc. Maybe even short prison stays, but 10 months for a pair of trainers is ridiculous. People organising riots, people being violent, causing actualy damage getting big sentences I have no problem. But the sentences for minor offences are unlike any we've seen in this country and totally out of proportion to sentences given outside the riots.

I agree with the above.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Whilst people should not have done what they did the punishments are ridiculously harsh compared to what happens in real life. Had she done this on any other day a warning at the very most however mob mentally destroyed many businesses and will cost us all a fortune as insurance premiums will raise so in mitigation bollox to her she got what she deserved.

Whilst people should not have done what they did the punishments are ridiculously harsh compared to what happens in real life. Had she done this on any other day a warning at the very most however mob mentally destroyed many businesses and will cost us all a fortune as insurance premiums will raise so in mitigation bollox to her she got what she deserved.

f***ing right she got what she deserved. Anarchy ruled for a few nights in London and the West Midlands. She was a very willing participant in this Anarchy and engaged in Looting, now lets get this right here, it was Looting and not shoplifting or some other petty crime.

The mere fact that she has been tried, convicted and sentenced and then let out on bail after 6 days should have been enough punishment but now she goes to the media and complains, put her back in to complete the sentence is my feeling.

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
i think its fair, itll show them that they mean business and hopefully this girl will not steal or riot again

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
considering she threw them away after she left, it's a bit harsh. By the letter of the law she took them out the front door though without intending to pay. Personally these stories show the sentencing is a bit OTT, and those attacking police and smashing the windows and inciting the riots deserve the prison time. A more suitable punishment would be to make her spend a night with me, she'd be a good girl after that ordeal.

I do wish the government would be this tough on other crimes though, but is this a fair reflection of the crime.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If she'd been an MP caught stealing taxpayer money through dishonest expense claims she would have had the opportunity to apologise, give the trainers back, and not be jailed.

This.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I've said it on other threads before, trial by media is never a good thing. Courts should be objective and not try to make an example of people. A prison sentence for first offence and a minor theft is ridiculous.

A subject like this is the biggest paradox on NSC. The liberal masses of the board who are all for equal rights and looking after the vunerable, take one look at a poorly educated teenager who had a moment of stupidity and all of a sudden they lurch to the right of Thather and turn all autoritarian.

The OB probably haven't even bothered to catch the real troublemakers of that week. Just nick a load of stupid teenagers who didn't cover their faces to make the numbers look good.

Pales into insignificance compared to trial by NSC.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
i like how she has her back to the camera, where it looks like she is thinking about what she has done....all that crap, fact is, she has a face like she got hit with the ugly stick.....then someone came back with a baseball bat to finish the job.....

ALL the rioters should be made examples of, fact is, theyre all scumbags who think theyre 'ard' for breaking into shops etc, hopefully they got a smack in prison by someone

they all make me sick when i think how hard some people work for their buisiness, and some are ruined homes are ruined, lives are ruined, all because these useless, waste of space, knobs, are retaliating against the police?

f*** the lot of em, let em rot
Do you know what...I could'nt agree more,she should serve her sentence and do a couple months community service,it's amazing how these people commit crime then whinge when they get caught...what did she expect..being told not to do it and a £1 out of the poor box.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here