Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any sympathy for this woman?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I do feel sorry for her - it must be difficult to be making a way through life with the handicap of having 2 left feet.

Dancing, for example, must be quite the problem.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Not read the link (maybe I should have?) but have read all the post's, I think the overall thought is, the sentance is a bit silly for the actual crime (nicking 2 left footed trainers, maybe she is from Norwich?) but the consistancy of the law courts does leave one in doubt sometimes, as others have pointed out above, and most likely after this post!

Personally, I think everyone who took part in the riots deserves everything they get and more!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
That, my dear Ev, I suspect is excellent logic far beyond her scope of thought.

:)

True.
I also wonder whether she nicked the right size, or if she thinks that all clothes are...

ONE SIZE
Fitz%20Hall_633585415230000000.jpg

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
No I can't see why we should be sympathetic for her, what everyone did in those riots was stupid and disgraceful.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Go get her now Gus. We are desperately short of players with two left feet.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Looking at the film she seems to be coy about it all, almost smiling at her misfortune.

She looks like she's defensively trying to hide nerves to me.

The bottom line is she knew she shouldn't have gone in the shop, and then she knew she shouldn't have taken the trainers. 2 bad errors. If a 10-month prison sentence is the current outcome for that misdemeanour then so be it.

Yeah, of course, but these punishments are out of all proportion. A jail sentence at her age, with no previous, seriously messes her chances of starting a decent career. Some serious slaps on the wrists were needed, fines, community service etc. Maybe even short prison stays, but 10 months for a pair of trainers is ridiculous. People organising riots, people being violent, causing actualy damage getting big sentences I have no problem. But the sentences for minor offences are unlike any we've seen in this country and totally out of proportion to sentences given outside the riots.

Agreed.

She was inside for 6 days; now on bail, so she got what she deserved. A shock and a criminal record.

Bollocks to that, out on bail after 6 days?

Now she's gone to the media whining about it, I'd throw the stupid bitch back for contempt of Intelligence.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
its very harsh . as others have said if shed walked into jd sports any other time and nicked some gear shed get let off if she had no previous. lo and behold the tories want to be seen to be being tough on the rioters but dont think of the consequences. if most of the rioters or a lot of them were from underpriviledged backgrounds or unemployed or whatever then they are hardly gonna be able to brreak that cycle with a 10 month stretch on their record for nicking £50 worth of useless gear. she wanted to be in the RAF, no chance now with a criminal record. i do think they should be punished , perhaps some sort of community based punishment would have been better but these massive sentances just take the piss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here