Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any sympathy for this woman?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Don't really have any sympathy for those rightly punished for being cowardly opportunists during a confusing time.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Ridiculous really, if she'd nicked a pair of shoes at any other time, she'd get banned from the shop, maybe given a police warning or maybe some community service, but never prison.

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
If she'd been an MP caught stealing taxpayer money through dishonest expense claims she would have had the opportunity to apologise, give the trainers back, and not be jailed.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I think its 100% right and proper. Did LOL when it confirms that she stole 2 left footed trainers!!!! Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Perhaps she might think twice before joining in if this happened again!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
No sympathy whatsoever. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ridiculous really, if she'd nicked a pair of shoes at any other time, she'd get banned from the shop, maybe given a police warning or maybe some community service, but never prison.
But not ridiculous in the context of it being a riot situation. Cowardly and opportunistic. I wish the police had gone in harder, earlier, and battered a few of these pricks.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Looking at the film she seems to be coy about it all, almost smiling at her misfortune.

The bottom line is she knew she shouldn't have gone in the shop, and then she knew she shouldn't have taken the trainers. 2 bad errors. If a 10-month prison sentence is the current outcome for that misdemeanour then so be it.

She should be grateful she doesn't live in Saudi Arabia, she'd probably lose her hands or get flogged for the same offence.

But this wasn't any other time, she was taking advantage of shops that were left defenceless during rioting, it wasn't shoplifting it was looting.

She deserves prison and maybe needs to look at how lightly she got off because it was the UK, I'm pretty sure in the US they are allowed to shoot looters.

The fact that what she looted was useless only makes the sentence that much sweeter.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Also the fact that she had those gloves on gives the impression of pre-meditation.

I'm a bit disappointed there have been no "I would"' in the first 14 posts, NSC is slacking

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
" sentenced to 10 months in a young offenders' institution for stealing two left-footed trainers from a shop in Wolverhampton"

Tow LEFT footed shoes! Idiot.

She only actually served 6 days, and now is on home curfew.

My view is 10 months was ridiculous, but 6 days prob about right, as must be very clear deterrent to others not to do the same again (or if they do, to go masked as all the streetwise ferals did)!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

If you act up on a Saturday night in a pub you'll get an £80 fine and a slap on the wrist. Act up on your way to football on a Saturday afternoon and there is a good chance you'll go to prison. Granted everyone knows that now and she has been made a scape goat but in the future these kids are going to know the consequences should such these riots become common practice in the summer?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here