Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any popular TV series you have never watched?

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
For anyone who has not seen The Soporanos, The Wire, The Shield, Weeds, Lie To Me, Cougar Town, I would suggest you do so as they are just about the best shows that have ever appeared on our screens from across the pond. I know people will criticise some of these choices but as someone who really did not have any great love of TV I found that these shows were entertaining & worth sitting down for. That's just my view though & I'm sure other will have different thoughts on these shows.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
For anyone who has not seen The Soporanos, The Wire, The Shield, Weeds, Lie To Me, Cougar Town, I would suggest you do so as they are just about the best shows that have ever appeared on our screens from across the pond. I know people will criticise some of these choices but as someone who really did not have any great love of TV I found that these shows were entertaining & worth sitting down for. That's just my view though & I'm sure other will have different thoughts on these shows.

have never seen any of sopranos so may give it a look. Shield and Wire top stuff

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
have never seen any of sopranos so may give it a look. Shield and Wire top stuff

I can honestly say that The Sopranos is probably one of the very best things ever on TV. Class through & through. Some of the early seasons may now look a little dated but I borrowed the box sets when I moved to Spain 3 yrs ago to keep me occupied in the evenings & just had to watch them all the way through. really quality viewing. Enjoy it, you will if you liked The Shield & The Wire because i think it's better than those.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I can honestly say that The Sopranos is probably one of the very best things ever on TV. Class through & through. Some of the early seasons may now look a little dated but I borrowed the box sets when I moved to Spain 3 yrs ago to keep me occupied in the evenings & just had to watch them all the way through. really quality viewing. Enjoy it, you will if you liked The Shield & The Wire because i think it's better than those.

What about Six Feet Under? It dipped in the 4th season, but from the TV I have seen I can honestly say it's some of the best drama ever produced, the 1st season and the very last few episodes in particular being absolutely stunning.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
S
Waterloo Road

Lucky you, it's one of the wifes favourite programmes and and is one of the worst pieces of incoherent sub-Grange Hill nonsense I have ever had the misfortune to see (although at least Neil Morrisey isn't in it anymore).

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
What about Six Feet Under? It dipped in the 4th season, but from the TV I have seen I can honestly say it's some of the best drama ever produced, the 1st season and the very last few episodes in particular being absolutely stunning.

Liked it at first but went right off it, that was years ago though & tastes do change so maybe give it another go, when I get old & can't get around so much, but then it'll shit the life out of me with all that surreal funeral stuff!
Someone mentioned Deadwood, brilliant. Ian McShane is fantastic in it. Real character lead show that had me watch episode after episode in a sitting.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
The Wire, The Office, Extras, Lost, Heroes, Prison Break, Mash.. lots more. And I watch a LOT of TV.

EDIT: Skins is another one everyone went on about, I only caught about 2 episodes.

Last edited:

Stumpy Tim

Wow. Well going from shows people have mentioned here (and added a couple), I haven't seen the following ever:

Ashes to Ashes
Lost
Entourage
Family Guy
Inbetweeners
Survivors
Skins
Glee
The Wire
The Sopranos
Emmerdale
Deadwood
Life on Mars
Twin Peaks
The Weeds
Lie to me
Cougar Town
Six Feet Under

Better things to do to be honest

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Liked it at first but went right off it, that was years ago though & tastes do change so maybe give it another go, when I get old & can't get around so much, but then it'll shit the life out of me with all that surreal funeral stuff!
Someone mentioned Deadwood, brilliant. Ian McShane is fantastic in it. Real character lead show that had me watch episode after episode in a sitting.

As you know a lot about TV, what's Twin Peaks like? Is it completely seminal? Is it as entertaining as the most lauded shows from the modern 'golden age' of American TV drama?

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Wow. Well going from shows people have mentioned here (and added a couple), I haven't seen the following ever:

Ashes to Ashes
Lost
Entourage
Family Guy
Inbetweeners
Survivors
Skins
Glee
The Wire
The Sopranos
Emmerdale
Deadwood
Life on Mars
Twin Peaks
The Weeds
Lie to me
Cougar Town
Six Feet Under

blimey, went through your list and can honestly say i have only watched 6 of them myself, and only two 24 and the Wire regularly. though an going to watch pilot of sopranos later

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Dallas
Sopranos
The Wire
All of them Vampire programmes
Brookside
Glee

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Coronation Street
Entourage
Skins
Glee
The Wire
Emmerdale
Deadwood
Twin Peaks
The Weeds
Lie to me
Cougar Town
Six Feet Under
The OC
The West Wing

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
My list (above line = want to but haven't got round to catching up yet; below line = not for me OR proud to have missed...is all undoubted crap).

Six Feet Under
West Wing
The Shield
The Inbetweeners
State Of Play
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy / Smiley's People
The Fall And Rise Of Reginald Perrin
House
--------------------------------------------------
Cold Feet
Lost
Heroes
Twilight
True Blood
ER
London's Burning
The Mighty Boosh (sp?)
Star Trek The Next Generation etc (soap opera in Space!)
Shameless
The Teletubbies :wink:
Baywatch
CSI

Sex And The City
ALL reality TV bollocks....it's all low, turgid and embarrassing
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Soaps (though endured some for a while when living at home!)
Anything on ITV...woeful channel

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
With the exception of the Sopranos and House just about everything mentioned except Only Fools.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Ashes to Ashes
Lost
Entourage
Family Guy
Inbetweeners
Survivors
Skins
Glee
The Wire
The Sopranos
Emmerdale
Deadwood
Life on Mars
Twin Peaks
The Weeds
Lie to me
Cougar Town
Six Feet Under

Excellent list. Add Sex in the City, Friends and Home and Away for me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here