Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any popular TV series you have never watched?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
everyone bangs on about heros but ive never bothered to watch it.. is it any good nsc?

First season yes rest well ... its been cancelled in America

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Little Britain
Shameless
Big Brother/Celebrity Big Brother
I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here
Pop Idol
Britain's Got Talent

In fact, any 'comedy' programme based on this country's chavvy 'underclass' (I see enough of this degenerate anti-social scum everyday in real life), and shows based on thick-as-shit plastic celebrities or 'talent' shows for idiots who are so desperate for their 15 minutes of TV fame that they don't care how dumb they look.

Of course, this means that I can't watch half the programmes on TV these days!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Coronation Street.

Eastenders.

The farming thingy with..........no,it's called Emmerdale Farm.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sex and the City. :eek: :thumbsup:

Same here.

Never seen Dancing On Ice either, & only about one episode each of X Factor and Britain's Got Talent.

Never seen Lost, 24, the Sopranos or The Wire.

swiss tony

Aug 3, 2004
Honduras
For those of you who haven't seen Lost, get it on DVD.

Top quality TV - acting, writing and cinematography that normally only gets seen in movies.

I was curious about it and bought season 1 about 6 months ago. Was instantly hooked and am now just about to start season 6.

Will desperately be trying to avoid media coverage of the last episose this weekend.

swiss tony

Aug 3, 2004
Honduras
America does produce good TV though...

Curb Your Enthusiasm

It's Always Sunny in Philadephia

The US Office (honestly I was dubious, but its funny as fook - especially the "that's what she said" gag)

All the above have top notch writing.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
SO many!

The Sopranos
Deadwood
The Wire
Life on Mars

stand out as the most glaring omissions.

Also, to anyone who hasn't seen the TV show (forget the recent film version), you have to see State of Play. Pretty sure you can get it for about £5, which for 6 hours worth of top quality TV is brilliant value. It's well worth catching, although I imagine many already have!

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
America does produce good TV though...

Curb Your Enthusiasm

It's Always Sunny in Philadephia

The US Office (honestly I was dubious, but its funny as fook - especially the "that's what she said" gag)

All the above have top notch writing.

And best of all the wire.

swiss tony

Aug 3, 2004
Honduras
SO many!

The Sopranos
Deadwood
The Wire
Life on Mars

stand out as the most glaring omissions.

Also, to anyone who hasn't seen the TV show (forget the recent film version), you have to see State of Play. Pretty sure you can get it for about £5, which for 6 hours worth of top quality TV is brilliant value. It's well worth catching, although I imagine many already have!

Apart from The Sopranos, never seen any of those. Will get on the case.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Just remembered another one that I am completely ashamed never to have seen: Twin Peaks! They've just released the whole thing on DVD so I will be purchasing when it drops in price.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Just remembered another one that I am completely ashamed never to have seen: Twin Peaks! They've just released the whole thing on DVD so I will be purchasing when it drops in price.

Hopefully you are a Seinfeld fan though.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Basically everything that everyone else raves about.

Lost, House, The Office, Sex and the City, 24, Heroes and so on

Mr Albion

Nov 7, 2003
brighton
Lost went through a "lost" period season2-3 but I'm glad I persevered.
The Wire, great telly. West Wing brill writing. Battelstar Galactica under-rated.

The crap that I'm glad I avoided.
X factor, Brit got "talent" Big Brother. These are the reasons there's so much crap Telly,
this is the reason whole generations of talented writers and producers are no lost, no more maverick writers like Sullivan (Only Fools) Eddie Braben(Morecambe n Wise) Eric Chappel (Rising Damp) Jack Rosenthal (P'Tang Yang Kipperbang & Another Sunday and Sweet FA) why aren't Paul Hodson & Dave Blake (Brighton Til I Die) writing telly?
Well, 'nuff said.

It's no coincidence that US telly is currently superior, they value writers not some t@£t who impresses a cock like Simon Cowell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here