Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

any one else got any more inside news

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
And have a strong championship squad for the season after!

I really do think we are turning the corner now

Stadium starting this year, New signings look fantastic as all 4 were on frees

Like you say a year of a squad like that playing together will only make them work better together and on the right track for when the stadium opens.

I am feeling really positive about what is happening at the moment:yahoo:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
We need another striker, so if Forster or Murray get injured. Then we have a replacement to replace them in the side. We also need a goalkeeper, who can challenge FDM. And we also need another left back, please for god sake don't be Mayo...

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
How implausible is it that we might get Gillespie, the club managed to find £300k mid-season to buy Murray, we haven't spent anything in the close season...yet! My guess is that he will leave Cheltenham for somewhat less than their half a million valuation of him...or is that his valuation...either way, it would probably take somewhat less to sign him, but with a pretty healthy sell-on clause.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
How implausible is it that we might get Gillespie, the club managed to find £300k mid-season to buy Murray, we haven't spent anything in the close season...yet! My guess is that he will leave Cheltenham for somewhat less than their half a million valuation of him...or is that his valuation...either way, it would probably take somewhat less to sign him, but with a pretty healthy sell-on clause.

As mentioned on other threads, if someone has tabled bids for Elphick or Lynch then maybe the funding could come from that, if we are sniffing around him of course!

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
As mentioned on other threads, if someone has tabled bids for Elphick or Lynch then maybe the funding could come from that, if we are sniffing around him of course!

But as MA said in the Argus, no bids have been received for either player, as of about Monday.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
to be honest i hope the next signing(s), if there are any, is either a left back or a creative force for the midfield. We now have 2 defensive mid fielders (3 with El-Abd) loads of centre backs but only Cox and McLeod to put the ball to the front players and obviously only Lynch (really not a left back) to play left back. Or are we going for a 3-5-2 type with Kuipers, Virgo, Elphick, Lynch and Whing and McLeod playing wing back with Thomson, Livemore playing defensive with Cox a free role?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
But as MA said in the Argus, no bids have been received for either player, as of about Monday.

He might be telling porkies though.

Don't forget, if other clubs know you are rolling in it, they tend to inflate the prices of players you may be after.

Of course, he may be telling the truth as well!

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
He might be telling porkies though.

Don't forget, if other clubs know you are rolling in it, they tend to inflate the prices of players you may be after.

Of course, he may be telling the truth as well!

Quite. Also, there may be many clubs enquiring about them as well, its just no bids have been placed yet. And the situation may have changed since he said that, which could have been at the back end of last week,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here