Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

any new signings this week on the cards?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm going to bump this with a question.

Gus was talking about another 5 or 6 players. Gus and the players are back from Portugal today. We clearly need some cover in certain areas, and strengthening on others.

Does anyone have any info about possible targets this week?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Think we'll only get at most 1 or 2 in before the Doncaster game now. Then possibly another one or two max before the end of August (probably in the last few days of the window)

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Apart from Leicester and us, many clubs seem to be stalling on players. Leeds fans are moaning about the lack of activity (despite losing players from injury and those leaving). I can only assume that there is not much money about - or that clubs are finally being realistic over wage demands and refusing to pay over the odds - waiting until players wage demads are more realistic (which they will be towards start of season).

I think we have apple picked the players Gus despo wanted i.e Buckley, Bergkamp, Hoskins, Lua Lua and CMS and he will now wait until later this week and maybe really late on next week to get others. There is also the possibilty of loan prem players who are not in 23 man squads (which wont be known for awhile).

Gus will get the players he wants, esp a centre half. That I am certain of.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Gus has always said that anyone he brings in must offer something different to what we already have. With Dunk having had a good pre-season, while I agree there's still a need for a CB, it might not be quite such a kick bollock scramble/pay stupid wages as it was.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Maybe Shelvey will arrive now Damour has been told he is surplus to requirements (for now)?

Top priority has to be an experienced central defender, shirley?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Just out of intrest was there any players out there that we played against that Gus would have been looking out for?
There were several players in all 3 teams who looked very good, but you have to think who we were playing, we can hardly cherry pick from PSG, Spurs reserves will have their own complications i.e. spurs may see them as future stars etc. A lot of the Olhanense players are young lads that are brought over from Brazil and are grateful for the chance to play at a decent standard, even if Gus did like what he saw, their may be passport issues until they have played in Europe for a few years.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Gus has always said that anyone he brings in must offer something different to what we already have. With Dunk having had a good pre-season, while I agree there's still a need for a CB, it might not be quite such a kick bollock scramble/pay stupid wages as it was.

True ^^^^

Lush

Mods' Pet
There were several players in all 3 teams who looked very good, but you have to think who we were playing, we can hardly cherry pick from PSG, Spurs reserves will have their own complications i.e. spurs may see them as future stars etc. A lot of the Olhanense players are young lads that are brought over from Brazil and are grateful for the chance to play at a decent standard, even if Gus did like what he saw, their may be passport issues until they have played in Europe for a few years.

I think the experience with the Argentinians last season taught Gus a lot about the potential problems of bringing raw talented South American players over. Nice lads, decent players, were given opportunities, but it didn't quite happen - or was never going to happen fast enough?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here