Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any coppers out there?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've just been watching that surveillance program on BBC2. During the prog, a cop was running up to lags leaving Strangeways (upon completion of their stretch) and filming them for up-to-date images for some database. It was literally the minute the lags put their first feet outside the prison.

One chap hid his face and the office informed him to not cover his face or he would be arrested.

On what grounds is this a crime? I'm curious.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
I can't think what he would be arrested for?!? There is no offence I know of like 'Failing to show your face to a police officer upon release from prison'.

The only thing I can think of might be if they are released on licence with conditions to abide by various rules and to co-operate with the police and probation service. That isn't unusual and prisoners can refuse to see the police in prison if they so wish since they are in the custody of the prison service and under no obligation to speak with the police unless the circumstances are exceptional. Again it isn't unusual for police to doorstep the prison gates to intercept released prisoners, usually ones that are the most prolific and uncooperative and ones you would want us to!

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
coppers being wankers as usual. surely they can get photos from the prison if then need them?

Collar Feeler

Jul 26, 2003
:wave:

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN........:thumbsup:

I think your hatred of the old bill stems from the fact that you probably have been caught already in the past. :lolol:

Back to the post!, obviously I'm biased but I don't feel the need to apologise or justify getting in the faces of criminals as they step out of the prison gates, I know people will bleat on about their human rights and that its harrassment and they've done their time etc etc. So what, I'm a copper not a friggin social worker, I couldn't give a toss about them or their rehabilitation and its what we do. They don't give a toss about anyone other than themselves when they are out committing crime so bollox to them.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
I think your hatred of the old bill stems from the fact that you probably have been caught already in the past. :lolol:

Back to the post!, obviously I'm biased but I don't feel the need to apologise or justify getting in the faces of criminals as they step out of the prison gates, I know people will bleat on about their human rights and that its harrassment and they've done their time etc etc. So what, I'm a copper not a friggin social worker, I couldn't give a toss about them or their rehabilitation and its what we do. They don't give a toss about anyone other than themselves when they are out committing crime so bollox to them.

what with pople like you trying..........:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I saw that, I switched on about halfway through.

That woman copper was an absolute dick. Something needs to be done about that because what they were doing to people can't be right. Why did they need to do it in the aggressive manner in which they did?
I'm sure if they prison guards had said "We need to take an up to date photo as part of our exit procedure" nobody would mind. Instead she got right up in the blokes face and then threatened to arrest him for no reason.

When questioned about it she give some bizarre answer that didn't make sense. Basically they were harrassing people and there was nothing you could do to make them stop.

Collar Feeler

Jul 26, 2003
Unfortunately you get dickheads in every job and she sounds like one of our dickheads. You are right, there are better ways of getting the job done and it sounds like she wasn't blessed with the right skills to do so.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
Sorry, aren't all police dickheads?

no , not at all

most of them are though.

bullied at school? people dont listen to you ? not the centre of attention in the pub with your mate? thick? think youre hard? like the feeling of power a truncheon and cs gives you? hate pakis?

join the police

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
bullied at school? people dont listen to you ? not the centre of attention in the pub with your mate? thick? think youre hard? like the feeling of power a truncheon and cs gives you? hate pakis?

join the police

Bloody hell, that's brilliant. I have quite literally NEVER heard any of those
before.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Interestingly if you start taking pictures of busies when they are going about their day to day business you are likely to get your camera accidentally dropped and trodden on.

There have been quite a few complaints about this sort of thing from people who have attempted to photograph them during arrests/crowd control etc. which usually are not resolved.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
shows what people think then

Only the ones who are drunk/trying to large it in front of their mates/lack the intelligence to come up with a more witty or original insult, to be honest.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
Only the ones who are drunk/trying to large it in front of their mates/lack the intelligence to come up with a more witty or original insult, to be honest.

you seem like a reasonable person , do you not think there is a greater representation of people on a power trip in the police than other professions?
surely you yourself must have seen some horrendous policing at football matches for instance

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
you seem like a reasonable person , do you not think there is a greater representation of people on a power trip in the police than other professions?
surely you yourself must have seen some horrendous policing at football matches for instance

I hate to tell you it's not just within the Police that people of that mentality are employed, they permeate society in all walks. The Civil Service and people in similar jobs are very often on a power trip when in fact they really have no power at all. You'll find this in the NHS and in fact virtually any organisation.

The Police just look a bit more obvious due to the high profile nature of their jobs. It's not typical of the Police at all and I would suggest that most of their detractors on here only know them from being on the wrong side of the law.

Frankly when the brown stuff hits the fan who are the people that most look to for help ?

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
i think youre right when you say you notice itmore with the police because they are more high profile. but not necessarily about the polices detractors saying this from being on the wrong side of the law. i was arrested once and they treated me very well its more the things that i have seen that lead me to this view. but you are right give people some power and watch it go to their head can be seen everywhere , i just suppose it doesnt lead to you being arrested , thrown in the nick for the night

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm a copper not a friggin social worker,

...and here lies the problem. When you are armed with a variety of powers and laws, not to mention weapons, you do need to be a little circumspect and measured at times. If we all had a bit more thought, respect and dignity for others then half these crazy ideas and laws would not be needed.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
...and here lies the problem. When you are armed with a variety of powers and laws, not to mention weapons, you do need to be a little circumspect and measured at times. If we all had a bit more thought, respect and dignity for others then half these crazy ideas and laws would not be needed.

I'm sure the majority of the Police with be more circumspect when criminals do likewise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here