Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Any chance ALL the singers move to the South stand next season?

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
So is every other club in the league.

Good noise for the first 15-20 minutes - if the team aren't tearing it up, it gets quieter and quieter.
Has always been the way.

Do agree with your general point but Saturday was embarrassingly flat from kick off - barely any noise inside the first 20 minutes which set the tone for an incredibly dull afternoon.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Its not really about the size (as you're right its the same as the north)

Its about moving the singers near the away end to create back and forth singing
Sure. Just making the point as it often comes up on here that the reason the south is louder is due to the stadium acoustics which isn’t a thing, it’s the personnel

I agree, even having a secondary vocal group in the south would be good

There’s does seem to be a growing element of vocal supporters in the south west corner (which will be displaced with the proposed move so hopefully they, being more central behind the goal in the south will be more visuable and louder.

It’s needs some organisation as the zone A tickets typically attract the singers but also a price point regardless of noise. Both are valid but would be optimal if some how organised, all difficult though

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Do agree with your general point but Saturday was embarrassingly flat from kick off - barely any noise inside the first 20 minutes which set the tone for an incredibly dull afternoon.
It wasn't great granted - but it didn't feel too much different to any game tbh.
It's easy to mis-remember things based on the final feelings about a game.

There were very good renditions of We are Brighton, and SBTS, early on and the new JPVH chant was very loud.

But resorting to Tony Bloom's Blue and White army, before half time told a bigger story.
This was down to the overall performance (as ever) than a particularly bad start by the singers, IMO.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I don't get why there are so many non singers in the North, surely that's where the singers should be. I suppose it is down to being near the train station and the cheapest stand. Maybe for a cup game you can sit or stand anywhere you want in the North and see if that can get everyone together. Those that need to sit can sit further forward or to the left and right. It will probably get people in the stand earlier as well.

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
So is it now official that the away fans are being moved to E/SE? As someone who loves being in the East Stand Upper towards the South (apparently the worst place to watch the match according to one poster - ha ha!!), I would quite like to know where I’m being moved to. I don’t want to be behind the goal so how does this work then?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
So is it now official that the away fans are being moved to E/SE? As someone who loves being in the East Stand Upper towards the South (apparently the worst place to watch the match according to one poster - ha ha!!), I would quite like to know where I’m being moved to. I don’t want to be behind the goal so how does this work then?

No, I don't think it is official.
Merely assumed.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Doubt we will get the opportunity again so I think it's a good idea. Of course the fans that currently sit where the away are moving too have to go somewhere or are they not season tickets?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Doubt the away fans will displace you in the upper. It's being talked about they'll move into South end of East lower and have the corner.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
That was me.

I meant from the perspective of gauging the relative noise of away fans in comparison to the North.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I don't get why there are so many non singers in the North, surely that's where the singers should be. I suppose it is down to being near the train station and the cheapest stand. Maybe for a cup game you can sit or stand anywhere you want in the North and see if that can get everyone together. Those that need to sit can sit further forward or to the left and right. It will probably get people in the stand earlier as well.
There is definitely a contingent of STH who chose the North from a cost perspective, rather than to be amongst the singers.
There are a few people who complain about standing from time to time.

Over the past 5 few years there has been a contingent in the NW corner who make a good noise in addition to the NSK.
I like my seat, but I might be tempted to move over to the South Stand if there is a concerted effort to have a singing section there.

Salty_Seagull

Quality over quantity
Jul 2, 2015
Brighton/Hove
There is definitely a contingent of STH who chose the North from a cost perspective, rather than to be amongst the singers.
There are a few people who complain about standing from time to time.

Over the past 5 few years there has been a contingent in the NW corner who make a good noise in addition to the NSK.
I like my seat, but I might be tempted to move over to the South Stand if there is a concerted effort to have a singing section there.
I'd agree with this. Currently in the Upper West but if there was proper organisation to move singers to the South stand then I'd go with them.

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
Whatever happens, it needs a concerted effort from the club to help find the best solution here. It needs surveys, communications, meetings followed by a full-on effort to seat the singers together. Up until now, I don’t remember any communication on this eg when the season ticket renewals/ reminders / offers go out, is anything ever said along the lines of encouraging the singers to apply for a certain area of the NS? I’ve never noticed it. And yes, I know it’s difficult as many STHs will have their favourite seats with family and friends. But I dunno, the club gets so much right that I’d hope this wouldn’t be beyond them to at least improve the situation. From my seat in EU I can often see and hear two distinct groups of singers, often performing at the same time, as if deliberately. It’s poor really. Certainly if there’s a move to the South, the club have a great opportunity to reconfigure things.

Last edited:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
One problem with a move to the south is kicking into the north stand second half unless we change it around.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Saturday was particularly poor which is surprising considering we could have been second if we’d got a result. The atmosphere at home definitely seems to get worse each season and was much better during the championship years as we transitioned into a decent team and into genuine promotion contenders. I think people have become accustomed now to expecting to outplaying most teams at home so that buzz against the other 14 has waned.

Moving the singing next to the away fans would lead to a big improvement imo. The two sets of fans would be able to actually hear each other for a start. I actually thought the proposal was to move them toward the south west but SE would make more sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here