Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Any chance ALL the singers move to the South stand next season?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
OP. Why should there be "singers" and "non singers" Everyone should be doing their bit
I don't pay my hard earned money to do my bit.

I'm not a f***ing boy scout leader.

(and look what happened to the last one on NSC :shrug: ???)

:wink:

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
The south stand is the same size and made of the same materials…..

The acoustics argument is a myth

It’s widely accepted that away followings are typically more vocal than home fans as they there day out element and travel to take the piss.

I agree on the north being inferior in size though as imposing main home ends are normally double in size / doubled tiered compared to the away end to offset the vocal difference in numbers
Its not really about the size (as you're right its the same as the north)

Its about moving the singers near the away end to create back and forth singing

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
I think there is a certain amount of reverse snobbery about the noise that people make at football matches. At the end of the day there is a large part of our fan base who basically are there to watch the football. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
If you go to the amex and sit in silence for 90 minutes then you're only doing yourself a disservice. I love singing and supporting the Albion and I literally can’t understand why anybody who actually supports us wouldn't, if they are able to, do the same. A good atmosphere can boost the team to another level and is a supreme feeling to be a part of. We're in the best footballing period in our history and it saddens me that our home support hasn't even tried to raise up and match it. Oh well. At least some of our supporters can keep their sense of respectability and quiet dignity.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Unfortunately British fans are reactive. Even if all the singers were together, if the game's dull the atmosphere will be too

Edited for you. It really, really isn't much different anywhere in Britain. If the game's a bit shit, goes flat. If its exciting, gets loud. Same for the big teams, same for the smaller teams, same up and down the leagues.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
This thread wasn't intended to focus on the (poor) atmosphere at the amex. As it can be good for a few games a season

Its more about creating an amazing atmosphere every game by congregating all the singers in the south stand mainly, and secondly having them all near the away end

Double chance of it sounding great at home games and likeminded people being in the same stand - same as away games which do involve brilliant atmosphere from us!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Edited for you. It really, really isn't much different anywhere in Britain. If the game's a bit shit, goes flat. If its exciting, gets loud. Same for the big teams, same for the smaller teams, same up and down the leagues.
Yes but there's definitely louder grounds than us when it is flat

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I’m old enough to remember two groups of singers at The Goldstone.
Behind the South goal in the late 70s there was quite a vocal group that all stood together helped out by a lone air horn coming from the seats above. When the terraced area was replaced by seats c1980 that was the end of that.
There was also a short lived group that used to frequent the North end of the East terrace around 1981 also quite vocal, this was fuelled by the fact you could get a “closer look” at the away fans in the corner.
IIRC the ‘Caveman Crew’ also frequented this area in the late 80’s

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Really, what we need is a young group of lads to take it upon themselves to get an atmosphere going, like has been done at other clubs. Arsenal was a great example until they all started dressing in black like the goons up the road.

If they are moving the away fans next season they won't have a better chance to crack the conundrum of the shite Amex atmosphere. Thinking caps on.

Personally, while I like this suggestion, I can't see the numbers being enough to want to move

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
We moved to north this season hoping for a lot of singing, standing all game, getting into the game etc.
Not a jot of it….. quiet, no passion, only sings GOSBT. Pretty poor really.
Why do people go to watch football if not to support their team?
Bring in safe standing and let’s create an atmosphere!!

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
This thread wasn't intended to focus on the (poor) atmosphere at the amex. As it can be good for a few games a season

Its more about creating an amazing atmosphere every game by congregating all the singers in the south stand mainly, and secondly having them all near the away end

Double chance of it sounding great at home games and likeminded people being in the same stand - same as away games which do involve brilliant atmosphere from us!
Plus would be great for the park and ride on way home! lol

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We moved to north this season hoping for a lot of singing, standing all game, getting into the game etc.
Not a jot of it….. quiet, no passion, only sings GOSBT. Pretty poor really.
Why do people go to watch football if not to support their team?
Bring in safe standing and let’s create an atmosphere!!

We’re in the NS. It varies a lot between games, but imho a southern softies crowd will never consistently have the fervor of elsewhere. [NSC’ers have often mentioned Forest and Leeds home stadia for example as noisy].

After ten minutes yesterday I had this feeling that we’d never break down their mass defence, exemplified by our hopeless crosses, corners and awful final touch attacks. In the NS and WSL people seemed more excited about Albion subs jogging whilst play was active. So it wasn’t just me.

People vehemently disagree about this …. imho goals change everything, an Albion lead and the stadium would’ve got going.

Ipswich marked in huge numbers, Minteh/Enciso/Ferdu made poor decisions, we unnecessarily fouled their players in nothing situations, McKenna had the full array of tricks to kill any Albion head of steam. That translated to a frustrated crowd.

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'll try and choose my words carefully but bound to upset a few with this comment. Having watched the Wolves game last year from the East (first/last game in the east) although granted it was an evening game, it was like a morgue. Just my perspective but i questioned whether most of the people around me were awake? I'm not denigrating their love of the Albion but on that day for that match they were not singers.
The East stand 9particularly the southern end) is the worst place to watch us.

In my experience - all Premier league grounds are quiet when the team are struggling.
Away fans are always louder, particularly if you are situated closer to them than you are the "singing section" of the home team.

Even the fabled Holmesdale Ultras are quiet in their fiercest rivalry, when their team aren't producing the goods.

Ipswich were good - but by no means constant (as far as I could tell in the North).
But 4 games into their first season back in the top flight for 20 odd years, It would be pretty poor if they weren't loving every second.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Unfortunately we are a reactive fan base. Even if all the singers were together, if the game's dull the atmosphere will be too
So is every other club in the league.

Good noise for the first 15-20 minutes - if the team aren't tearing it up, it gets quieter and quieter.
Has always been the way.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
We’re in the NS. It varies a lot between games, but imho a southern softies crowd will never consistently have the fervor of elsewhere. [NSC’ers have often mentioned Forest and Leeds home stadia for example as noisy].

After ten minutes yesterday I had this feeling that we’d never break down their mass defence, exemplified by our hopeless crosses, corners and awful final touch attacks. In the NS and WSL people seemed more excited about Albion subs jogging whilst play was active. So it wasn’t just me.

People vehemently disagree about this …. imho goals change everything, an Albion lead and the stadium would’ve got going.

Ipswich marked in huge numbers, Minteh/Enciso/Ferdu made poor decisions, we unnecessarily fouled their players in nothing situations, McKenna had the full array of tricks to kill any Albion head of steam. That translated to a frustrated crowd.
Doesn't have to be goals.
A good sense of injustice against the home team will do wonders for an atmosphere too.

Even Arsenal's tourists got into the swing of it last time we played there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here