Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Any chance ALL the singers move to the South stand next season?

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
With the away end moving to the south east stand, there could be an opportunity for all the singers from the North stand that are currently not together (police box, centre of north plus those randomly dotted around the wsu etc) to get season tickets in the South stand, next to the away end.

1st this would mean finally all the singers could be together similar to away games

2nd there will probably never be another opportunity for a whole stand to be available for people to move to

3rd could this be an opportunity to finally create a good atmosphere every game with singing between the home and away ends every game

We may get a handful of good atmosphere games a season but the home and away end can barely hear each other

Having a stand behind the goal for all the singers would be brilliant (ideally with safe standing thrown in please?!!)

What do people think?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
With the away end moving to the south east stand, there could be an opportunity for all the singers from the North stand that are currently not together (police box, centre of north plus those randomly dotted around the wsu etc) to get season tickets in the South stand, next to the away end.

1st this would mean finally all the singers could be together similar to away games

2nd there will probably never be another opportunity for a whole stand to be available for people to move to

3rd could this be an opportunity to finally create a good atmosphere every game with singing between the home and away ends every game

We may get a handful of good atmosphere games a season but the home and away end can barely hear each other

Having a stand behind the goal for all the singers would be brilliant (ideally with safe standing thrown in please?!!)

What do people think?
Great plan

Poskettspurpose

Jun 18, 2021
I don't make many games but was disappointed in the lack of volume from the home support yesterday. We were comprehensively out sung by Ipswich. My mate who's a season ticket holder pointed out the poor planning of the North stand size wise. I think something needs to change as a bit more volume could've pushed the team over the line yesterday. I hate to agree with the away support referencing the Amex as 'like a library' but they have a point though maybe not every game.

Poskettspurpose

Jun 18, 2021
OP. Why should there be "singers" and "non singers" Everyone should be doing their bit
I'll try and choose my words carefully but bound to upset a few with this comment. Having watched the Wolves game last year from the East (first/last game in the east) although granted it was an evening game, it was like a morgue. Just my perspective but i questioned whether most of the people around me were awake? I'm not denigrating their love of the Albion but on that day for that match they were not singers.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't make many games but was disappointed in the lack of volume from the home support yesterday. We were comprehensively out sung by Ipswich. My mate who's a season ticket holder pointed out the poor planning of the North stand size wise. I think something needs to change as a bit more volume could've pushed the team over the line yesterday. I hate to agree with the away support referencing the Amex as 'like a library' but they have a point though maybe not every game.

I don’t disagree.

However, when everyone does pull together, it is exceptional.

Chelsea
United
Palace
Sheff Wed
Donny

Even the City win during COVID was louder than the norm.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The south stand is the same size and made of the same materials…..

The acoustics argument is a myth

It’s widely accepted that away followings are typically more vocal than home fans as they there day out element and travel to take the piss.

I agree on the north being inferior in size though as imposing main home ends are normally double in size / doubled tiered compared to the away end to offset the vocal difference in numbers

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
OK but I don’t see what good it’ll be unless we’re making new banners every week

1726403250805.jpeg

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

What do people think?

I imagine the away fans will have part of East Stand and the Eastern end of South Stand that isn't behind the goal for the 3,000 allocation. I can't imagine the club will move 3000 fans from the East and put away fans there at £30.

We have to give 15% of allocation, 4,800, for FA cup games. So the 1800 tickets next to the away fans are the ones that would be allocated to away fans for the cup, and therefore tend to be general sale for league games. These, I guess are likely to be directly behind the goal ( unless the club choose to move another extra 1800 fans away from the East Stand) .

So I'm guessing it's not likely they will be selling season tickets directly behind the goal?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'll try and choose my words carefully but bound to upset a few with this comment. Having watched the Wolves game last year from the East (first/last game in the east) although granted it was an evening game, it was like a morgue. Just my perspective but i questioned whether most of the people around me were awake? I'm not denigrating their love of the Albion but on that day for that match they were not singers.
I think there is a certain amount of reverse snobbery about the noise that people make at football matches. At the end of the day there is a large part of our fan base who basically are there to watch the football. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. There is also a good section of our fans, mostly those that go away, who sing their hearts out and again that is their choice.

to be honest it has never bothered me that much that people want to sit/ stand and watch. I have been to Ipswich and if they are losing or not playing well, there place is like a morgue!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

What do people think?
There won't be an away end.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Make it the Karaoke stand for all the new Japs that are turning up. They can all sing along to the words on the screen and make use of that flag effort yesterday.

All together now… Good Ol Sushi by the sea

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here