Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any band in the world.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Either Feeder or Green day, failing those two Bowling for Soup.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Who were very ordinary in comparison to Floyd on Live 8 I thought. I'm thinking that they were probably dramatically better in their heyday?

Last edited:

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
bhaexpress said:
Either Feeder or Green day, failing those two Bowling for Soup.

Green Day were fantasic live, saw them twice last year, once at the BC and on the Sunday at the MK bowl. If anyone else on here went to the Brighton show can you settle an argument, did they play, Welcome TO Paradise and When I Come Around, I'm sure they did, but can't remember and it's causing arguments with some of the people I went with

Icy Gull said:
The Who were very ordinary in comparison to Floyd on Live 8 I thought. I'm thinking that they were probably dramatically better in their heyday?

I went the other way, The Who blew everyone away when they came on, where as Floyd seemed an anticlimax. Were you there as a matter of interest?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
555kaz said:
Green Day were fantasic live, saw them twice last year, once at the BC and on the Sunday at the MK bowl. If anyone else on here went to the Brighton show can you settle an argument, did they play, Welcome TO Paradise and When I Come Around, I'm sure they did, but can't remember and it's causing arguments with some of the people I went with

I went the other way, The Who blew everyone away when they came on, where as Floyd seemed an anticlimax. Were you there as a matter of interest?
i believe they did but i was a little bit.....shall we say.....confused that night:lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
555kaz said:

No I was watching on tv so have no idea of crowd reaction, just what I saw and heard on stage.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
The Jam

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Icy Gull said:
No I was watching on tv so have no idea of crowd reaction, just what I saw and heard on stage.

I can only go by crowd reaction as haven't watched the whole thing again, I think that they were the wrong way round, The Who really got everyone going and then Floyd came on and it was a bit of an anti-climax. Don't get me wrong they were excellent and perhaps some of the crowd were more in awe of them, but after The Who I got the impression that the crowd just wanted to carry on rocking. That's why I say posibly the wrong way round, although admit that Floyd reforming is worth headline billing anywhere it just seemed a little flat

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Seen Bruce Springsteen four times :clap2: :clap2: superb,also dire straits at Manchester,just 6 row back from the stage,class act. :clap: :clap:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Albion Edd said:
The Libertines and The Stone roses

What he said...

I would love to be able to go back to the Libertines' London Forum Christmas gigs. The night I went was for me the best gig I've ever been to (and I got on stage - nearly had the shit kicked out of me by security though...)

My two favorites bands of all time are the Smiths and the Jam. But I would hate to see them reform as old men, because "youth", and the beauty, power, stupidity and arrogance of youth, was what both those bands were all about. I hope to god neither of them shit on those great memories by reforming as ageing, glorified cabaret acts.

Thankfully I think Weller has more sense and Morrissey is too bitter and twisted to contemplate it :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hence my considered answer has to be Steps :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Not sure it's Morrissey that's too bitter and twisted to reunite The Smiths. The fallout with Mike Joyce now means that they will never reunite as Morrissey, Marr and Rouke don't speak to Joyce as a result of the court action.

I reckon it's just the ageing Los Angelan really. Rourke was silly and voluntarily settled years ago for a lot less than Joyce and I think him and Joyce were even part of a new band together not so long ago. Maher is a decent guy and I reckon knew in his heart he was in the wrong about financially screwing the other two, I reckon he was pretty embarrased and ashamed by the court case.

But Morrissey really came out of that whole business looking pretty mean and evil :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here