Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any amateur village level cricketers out there

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
doesnt help when as bowler, i am offered a tenner by his dad if i can get Sam out, and his Dad was umpire...now thats when you know that things are steeped against you eh Sam :lolol: :lolol:

Fergus96

Oct 20, 2004
Hove
gwpdylan said:
No, Sam gets caught out by the mysteries of where the hell my delivery is going to land next...gets him quite perplexed...:dunce:

Sam gets out because he can't see the line of the ball past his elbows!!!!

Mind you I did watch him score 181 at EP a couple of seasons ago, not a bad knock,

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
I play a little bit here and there

Got in 8 games last season - primarily as wicket-keeper batting at No.9 or No.10

Used to bat a bit higher up the order but batting has deterioated as I have got older - although I did get 54* last season (albeit indoors!!)

Don't bowl apart from in Charity/President's style games - where my strike rate is amazingly high - usually catches in the deep though :lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I play for Trafford MV cricket club in the Cheshire League. Change bowler for frist team and opening for the seconds. Like many others, I am still desperate to score a 50, been in the 40's on a few occasions, but the big one still eludes me, not surprising batting at number 10 though.

Only managed about 9 games last season due to working too many weekends.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
El Presidente said:
I play for Trafford MV cricket club in the Cheshire League. Change bowler for frist team and opening for the seconds. Like many others, I am still desperate to score a 50, been in the 40's on a few occasions, but the big one still eludes me, not surprising batting at number 10 though.

Only managed about 9 games last season due to working too many weekends.

I've only ever scored 50 twice and it was brilliant, I tell thee! I love batting - it's way more fun than bowling. I'd swap a five-fer for a fifty any day of the week.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I play for Glangrwyney CC in the Herefordshire Marches League, I open the bowling (medium swing) and bat at 8 or 9.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I've played regularly since 1991 for Southwick Wanderers CC

(any new players welcome by the way!)

Got a few scores in the 70s, but never broken into the 80s ! Enjoy playing in a friendly atmosphere, and going for a few bevvies afterwards!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It would be great if we could organise an REMF game next summer. If we could borrow a ground and play a decent opposition. Lashings would be good(!) although that is very costly.

Seems as though we would have enough to make two teams, at least. BBQ and beers etc.

Last edited:

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
Barrel of Fun said:
It would be great if we could organise an REMF game next summer. If we could borrow a ground and play a decent opposition. Lashings would be good(!) although that is very costly.

Seems as though we would have enough to make two teams, at least. BBQ and beers etc.

already liking the sound of that mate

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
gwpdylan said:
already liking the sound of that mate

We talked about doing that earlier in the season, I was very keen, but nobody seemed to want to get involved in actually organising it.

Isn't that always the way with Cricketers !!!

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
Chesney Christ said:
Its an EP player of past or present. My money is on LEON DAVIS....
howsw you doing anyway Sam, will you be playing the odd game for us next year!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I open the batting for Hove Unicorns CC and have done for 15 years or so. We now play home games at Lindfield and drink at Gerry Ryan's pub The Witch. Looking for some new youngsters though as we're all getting old together. Village away games are best eg Alfriston (great tea). We have played Southwick Wanderers a few times. I also coach at Lewes Priory where my 3 sons play colts.

PG

PS used to play in the same team as El Presidente many years ago.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Peter Grummit said:
I open the batting for Hove Unicorns CC and have done for 15 years or so. We now play home games at Lindfield and drink at Gerry Ryan's pub The Witch. Looking for some new youngsters though as we're all getting old together. Village away games are best eg Alfriston (great tea). We have played Southwick Wanderers a few times. I also coach at Lewes Priory where my 3 sons play colts.

PG

PS used to play in the same team as El Presidente many years ago.

Must have played you this season then, a draw I seem to recall.

I have played a couple of times on that Lindfield pitch, and most certainly have attended the famous Which Inn !

We have lots and lots of very young kids (0-10) but very few between 10 and 25, then a stack of players between 25 and 35, with a fair number older than that!

At what age were the kids when you started coaching them?

cheers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here