Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any amateur village level cricketers out there

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Yeah, didn't your last 2 guys hang on for the draw on a dodgy wicket at Plumpton? We're the team with the mad Greeks!

My youngest started last summer age 6 at LPCC. My eldest is 13 and has turned out for Unicorns a few times. My 11 yo made is debut at Ringmer last game of the season and we tied!

PG

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Peter Grummit said:
Yeah, didn't your last 2 guys hang on for the draw on a dodgy wicket at Plumpton? We're the team with the mad Greeks!

My youngest started last summer age 6 at LPCC. My eldest is 13 and has turned out for Unicorns a few times. My 11 yo made is debut at Ringmer last game of the season and we tied!

PG

By jove I think you're right! Sounds like us. The plumpton pitch was not that good last season, but we are taking back control of it for next season, thank god!

It must be great watching your kids pick up the game, I have three boys also, but they are all much younger!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
We are all heading to Oz for the Perth and Melbourne tests as part of a round-the-world "holiday of a lifetime". The kids were quite excited until last night....

PG

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Peter Grummit said:
We're the team with the mad Greeks!

You have Greeks playing??!!

I once played against an Italian who was playing for a London touring team and he was quite probably the fastest bowler I've ever faced.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Peter Grummit said:
We are all heading to Oz for the Perth and Melbourne tests as part of a round-the-world "holiday of a lifetime". The kids were quite excited until last night....

PG

Blimey sounds excellent. We've all just got back from 10 days in Spain on tour, I can recommend it

I hope you really enjoy it, just don't expect too much !!!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
They are from Corfu where there is a smashing ground in Corfu Town. They are very competitive and decent players. They sledge in Greek!

PG

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Blimey sounds excellent. We've all just got back from 10 days in Spain on tour, I can recommend it

Of course - you must know Brian De Freitas - he has played for us for a long time and is a top bloke.

PG

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Recruitment time!

Is there anyone on here who wants to play Sat league cricket for an Eastbourne based team next season? The Boards Cricket club is struggling for numbers next season so PM if you are interested. We played in the Parker Building Suppliers League Div 3 last season.

Cheers

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
METALMICKY said:
Recruitment time!

Is there anyone on here who wants to play Sat league cricket for an Eastbourne based team next season? The Boards Cricket club is struggling for numbers next season so PM if you are interested. We played in the Parker Building Suppliers League Div 3 last season.

Cheers

I'd be up for that, only problems are:

a) I'm shit
b) I'm in Exeter until the middle of June
c) I'll probably be working/off on holiday/something like that for at least part of the remaining summer

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Peter Grummit said:

Of course - you must know Brian De Freitas - he has played for us for a long time and is a top bloke.

PG

Yes, we know Brian well, I think he even went on our 2003 Spanish tour, I didn't go that year because my wife gave birth to my twin boys the day before everyone left for Spain!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
samparish said:
I'd be up for that, only problems are:

a) I'm shit
b) I'm in Exeter until the middle of June
c) I'll probably be working/off on holiday/something like that for at least part of the remaining summer

I thought you were gonna finish with

d) and I hate cricket :lolol:

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Artful Ninga said:
Ah the Mellors Cricket team

No the Mellors & Staight's CC!!

I used to play (well..turn up, eat tea and drink beer) for West Sussex Wanderers who most of Arun Wanderers have also played for at some time

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wanderer said:
I've played regularly since 1991 for Southwick Wanderers CC

Me too! :)

Top score of 40 but as Mr Wanderer will tell you I am mainly in there for my enthusiasm.

Played ex-pat cricket for a season in Japan. Now that was well weird. Our home pitch had a big bank 20 yards behind the stumps so you could only bowl 1 way, many of the local players used baseball stances when batting, there were regular and unintentional pitch invasions from confused locals and one guy used the same park to practice his trumpet every Sunday - badly.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I know 11 amateur village cricketers there names are:

A J Strauss, A N Cook, I R Bell, P D Collingwood, K P Pietersen, A Flintoff, G O Jones, A F Giles, M J Hoggard, S J Harmison, J M Anderson

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here