Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any amateur village level cricketers out there

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
kinda took it for granted there are but just thought id introduce my side who's website is
http://www.arunwandererscc.org.uk/

i play about 12 games a season. A stalwart 10 or 11 batsman but do turn the arm ..off spinner and had best ever season last year hence my enhanced interest in the cyrrent england spinner debate...so anyone else play regular

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
No :down:

One game last season due to a move back to Brighton after a brief spell in Hants.

Looking to join a team this summer though and particularly keen to get into winter nets.

Any offers or tips much appreciated!

Do you need a no. 7/8 bat and leg spinner!?

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm an opening bowler. Used to be quite fast / quite good when I played 4 or 5 games a week at college. I played for Liverpool, in Aigburth, where Lancashire play an outgame.

Now I am 35, a brisk medium pace, and play about 6 games a season.

Batting's a bit suss though - haven't scored a fifty since 1992!

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
got the bowling award this year, after years of getting 3 or 4 wkt hauls i finally got a five for and the next week a bloody 6 for....the two games came to 11wkts for -30

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Opening bat for my local village. Just over 300 runs last year in about 15 innings I think but no 50's all season.

I cringe just thinking about myself bowling though! The only time I would get a bowl is when the opposition need 1 more run and have about 20 overs and 8 wickets to get it. I did play a game for Eastbourne Martletts a few years ago and they were convinced I could bowl. I took three wickets after they got so bored of waiting for the ball they'd played half a dozen shots before it arrived.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
gwpdylan said:
got the bowling award this year, after years of getting 3 or 4 wkt hauls i finally got a five for and the next week a bloody 6 for....the two games came to 11wkts for -30

That's how it works though. One weekend in Liverpool I took 16 wickets [9-26 in my game on Saturday, and 7-14 helping out the seconds on the Sunday], but I can honestly say I bowled better the following week, when I got f*** all.

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
hans kraay fan club said:
That's how it works though. One weekend in Liverpool I took 16 wickets [9-26 in my game on Saturday, and 7-14 helping out the seconds on the Sunday], but I can honestly say I bowled better the following week, when I got f*** all.

oh yes, know the feeling a week or so after the 11 wkt haul i bowled my best for season and think i went 0-62

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
gwpdylan said:
oh yes, know the feeling a week or so after the 11 wkt haul i bowled my best for season and think i went 0-62

I've never been that shit. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
Artful Ninga said:
Ah the Mellors Cricket team

yes but the skip didnt have his best season...kept being caught out by the mysteries of the straight delivery:lolol:

Fergus96

Oct 20, 2004
Hove
gwpdylan said:
yes but the skip didnt have his best season...kept being caught out by the mysteries of the straight delivery:lolol:

Like father like son - eh Sam !!!

If he is on here that is !

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
No, Sam gets caught out by the mysteries of where the hell my delivery is going to land next...gets him quite perplexed...:dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here