Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another Western Road protest this Saturday 18th Dec

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
looks after us from what exactly...the Chinese? the North koreans? the Iranians? the French?

If some nutter walks into Tottenham Court road witha nuclear divice and sets it ioff, how exactly is our "deterrant " going to stop a suicide bombre...that is the threat now...not conventional army some dressed in red and some in white
So you think War has been resigned to the History Books?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So you think War has been resigned to the History Books?

No I think war has changed and a technology that was designed in the 1940's and with the best will in the world will never be used and is costing us billions when people are being asked to cut back and rioting in the streets should be looked at.

But as Aelred said, we can all sleep safely in our beds knowing some sub is off Australia full of warheads pointing at Moscow:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The LEAST the government should do is SACK Hartnett. Failure to do so is to endorse the apparent corruption that is the only explanation being put forward for how Vodafone have got away with not paying billions of pounds. Vodafone had even been budgeting to pay up eventually. Now the old pals act has let them off.

Or are you trying to argue that collecting taxes is nothing to do with the government?

You are talking nonsense and this kind of petty political points scoring really is below you. HMRC have said that the Vodafone agreement was as expected, there has been no admittance of any wrongdoing, so there would be absolutely no grounds to discipline anyone at HMRC in any way. The absolute most that the government could do would be to instigate a investigation into the deal-making at HMRC, and such a public show of lack of faith in HMRC would be much more damaging.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Agreed, good job we have 4 SSBN's with two on Patrol at any time.
Yup, they'll stop someone from smuggling in all the parts for a nuclear warhead. Warms your heart to know that if the 1970s come round again we'll be ready for 'em. Not really having a go, apart from Fighter Command in the 1940s we've always been prepared for the war just gone as opposed to planning for any future one. For a nation like Britain long-range nuclear weapons belong in the past along side the cavalry charge and the longbow.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Some grandfathers grandson is going to get it then.

I take that very, very personally, put yourself up and perhaps we can do this on a personal level. Firstly, how old are you, do you have children, grandchildren ?? highly unlikely but stuck in your parents loft with your PC. In fact I'm sure you've sought your publicity with DKM on the back of your shirt at Withdean, so I know who you are....Wait for the tap on your shoulder my friend. It will I assure come from me. Can I wish you a very good evening. Check other posts to see where I'm coming from....you my friend are a DOG !!!

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Bouncing this, purely for it to serve its original purpose, and warn those that don't want to go near a protest that Western Road/Churchill Sq/Clock Tower will likely contain a few shouty people (and accompanying police) from roughly 11.30am-3pm tomorrow (Sat 18th Dec), although it now seems like the weather is gonna 'cause more chaos than even the feistiest of demos...

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Bouncing this, purely for it to serve its original purpose, and warn those that don't want to go near a protest that Western Road/Churchill Sq/Clock Tower will likely contain a few shouty people (and accompanying police) from roughly 11.30am-3pm tomorrow (Sat 18th Dec), although it now seems like the weather is gonna 'cause more chaos than even the feistiest of demos...

Now Mr FatAddict, after your rant from your previous time-scales that we should have known. As the leader of this thread and giving it your high and mighty you quite clearly stated

The Brighton one is due to start at noon at the Clock Tower as before, and the targets will most likely be the usual ones;

Now taking that on board I with gritted teeth had chosen to finalise my Xmas shopping before 12.00 noon as advised by yourself previously as that is the time WE should know you are going to protest. I will be with my son and my daughter. But now your post says it now starts at approx 11.30. Tell you what pal anyone comes near my kids, their fair game and they will get it. Can You post the url detailing the change of time on this board please. apparently its all over the interweb you say ? You my friend have just fuc;;d up your whole argument in one post. I would personally invite that any of these soap dodgers like yourself lardo, introduce yourself to me tomorrow if you can get away from your keyboard. Trust me there will be a fight-back tomorrow, I know one or two (??) who will be there. You'll need the police

Last edited:

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I'm out shopping with mates Saturday and if we get any trouble from them or seem them smasing stuff up we're going to twat them. Fecked of with these little students. It's time they got a good hiding.

I'm with you Helter, by the way can anyone confirm Dick Knights Mum identity. I'm on it just need confirmation. See post next page and you'll see why, only got my grandson out of hospital yesterday after Pneumonia. That person is sick !! Just a reminder DKM I'm coming unless you paste a sincere and unreserved apology you dog !

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
I'm with you Helter, by the way can anyone confirm Dick Knights Mum identity. I'm on it just need confirmation. See post next page and you'll see why, only got my grandson out of hospital yesterday after Pneumonia. That person is sick !! Just a reminder DKM I'm coming unless you paste a sincere and unreserved apology you dog !

Weirdo.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I take that very, very personally, put yourself up and perhaps we can do this on a personal level. Firstly, how old are you, do you have children, grandchildren ?? highly unlikely but stuck in your parents loft with your PC. In fact I'm sure you've sought your publicity with DKM on the back of your shirt at Withdean, so I know who you are....Wait for the tap on your shoulder my friend. It will I assure come from me. Can I wish you a very good evening. Check other posts to see where I'm coming from....you my friend are a DOG !!!

It was not intended to be personal - just that you seemed to be welcoming student protesters getting some sort of come-uppance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here