Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

another six points and we are certs for the championship!

stonski

Jan 31, 2009
Cowfold
Need to win a few more than that to be sure.

Sorry were not! 6 points only gives us 80 points so easily catchable. If you meant 6 wins your still wrong because that would give us 92 points but both Peterborough and Southampton can beat that.

Not going to be there quite that soon. We need 96 points to be sure, but that's only if all the other top 7 teams win all their remaining games, which they wont as many of them have to play each other.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think The Rev means if we win the next 2 home games then it really is almost all over bar the shouting.
I tend to agree 80 points with so many games left.....that fat lady really will be clearing her throat.

Still gotta win the 2 games first though, id take 4 points now

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Sorry were not! 6 points only gives us 80 points so easily catchable. If you meant 6 wins your still wrong because that would give us 92 points but both Peterborough and Southampton can beat that.

I think you'll find he said "certs" in positive thinking sort of context. He didn't say we will be crowned champions with 80 points but I see where he's coming from.

I would say he meant 6 points this week from the 2 matches and we're "certs" for the title whereas obviously only 6 points over the remainder of the season and we'll be overtaken

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Gotta be 2 from 4 for the auto now. We've been playing scrappy last few games (reports and player only) whereas Posh have been steamrolling. Big game tonight, if Posh nail MKD they may go on and win them all. That's unlikely though and Saints have got some really tricky looking games coming along too. 91 and 88 will do for the two auto spots and I can't see us not being there by Walsall

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
People keep saying this, but we've had five clean sheets in the last seven. How is this scrappy? We haven't been flowing, but scrappy seems to me to be the wrong word.

Maybe scrappy is wrong ... but this last 5 have felt a bit nervy and nail bighting .. it doesn't look that way for Posh (based on results) and not sure about Saints. I'm convinced we'll get promoted as Champs but wouldn't mind a hiccup or two from those two to help out!!!

blackprince

Jul 16, 2007
Including the game tonight, Peterboro stiil have one home game and three away against top seven opposition. With ten games left in their season, the maximum number of points they could end up with is 95. On the other hand, Albion have seven games leading upto that with Southampton, all with the exception of Rochdale in the lower half of the table. Win every game and that would put us on 95 points. I doubt that Peterboro will achieve a clean sweep of their remaining fixtures and will drop points along the way so it is likely that five or six albion wins before the Southampton game will be sufficient to see us in the Championship next season. We then would have four games left to secure the champions spot should that be necessary.

Seagull1967

Aug 8, 2009
Barnsley
We will all have a pretty good idea if Brighton will get one of the automatic promotion spots by the end of March.
If we pick up 9 points from those three games would put us on 83 points with 8 games remaining or worse case still on 74 points, (lose 3 games - lets hope not).
I feel realistically if we pick up another 7 points from thos three games, (2 wins and draw), will put a lot of pressure on the teams beneath us!!
I would then feel confident of a top two finish with our remaining games!! :amex:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
We're being 'scrappy' for three reasons, the pitches, the way other teams try to break up our (unusual for this league) passing game and the fact that the players are tired.

Five wins in five though.

saslowi

Feb 2, 2009
The winning post is in sight but there are still a number of hurdles to be cleared before we get there.

Chester Drawers

Apr 15, 2004
Belair
Including the game tonight, Peterboro stiil have one home game and three away against top seven opposition. With ten games left in their season, the maximum number of points they could end up with is 95. On the other hand, Albion have seven games leading upto that with Southampton, all with the exception of Rochdale in the lower half of the table. Win every game and that would put us on 95 points. I doubt that Peterboro will achieve a clean sweep of their remaining fixtures and will drop points along the way so it is likely that five or six albion wins before the Southampton game will be sufficient to see us in the Championship next season. We then would have four games left to secure the champions spot should that be necessary.

Hudds?

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
its more scrapping than scrappy for the reasons you mention and when the sun shines on a beautiful spring day, I think we will see more of our total football
We're being 'scrappy' for three reasons, the pitches, the way other teams try to break up our (unusual for this league) passing game and the fact that the players are tired.

Five wins in five though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here