Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another Rumor

BensGrandad said:
Do you mean Claridge the one who said 'Brighton players are not under any pressure because they expect to lose'.

Still think MM will get the sack if we lose on SATURDAY if they can use the actions of him and LK they wouldn't need to pay compensation as it could be gross misconduct and an Industrial Tribunal which takes ages and is usually settled out of court at the 11th hour, so would nt affect the transfer budget this season.

Another vintage Grandpa Simpson moment.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BensGrandad said:
Do you mean Claridge the one who said 'Brighton players are not under any pressure because they expect to lose'.

Still think MM will get the sack if we lose on SATURDAY if they can use the actions of him and LK they wouldn't need to pay compensation as it could be gross misconduct and an Industrial Tribunal which takes ages and is usually settled out of court at the 11th hour, so would nt affect the transfer budget this season.

Have you lost total leave of your senses BG

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BensGrandad said:
Why please explain?

MM getting the sack - do you really believe that ?

If so I'll wager you £10 he stays

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Beach Hut said:
MM getting the sack - do you really believe that ?

If so I'll wager you £10 he stays

I believe that it has reached the point where the board have got to make a decision as to who to give the little money that they have in order to secure our position in the Championship this season.

1. Do they give it to MM and HOPE that he uses it sensibly and we stay up. Knowing that there is no 2nd choice this season once they have made this one.

or

2. Give it to a new man to do the same job.

I think the result on Saturday will indicate the action the board will take having taken into account the first half of the season and our recent poor form and problems, of which there obviously are within the club/dressing room.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
BensGrandad said:
I believe that it has reached the point where the board have got to make a decision as to who to give the little money that they have in order to secure our position in the Championship this season.

1. Do they give it to MM and HOPE that he uses it sensibly and we stay up. Knowing that there is no 2nd choice this season once they have made this one.

or

2. Give it to a new man to do the same job.

I think the result on Saturday will indicate the action the board will take having taken into account the first half of the season and our recent poor form and problems, of which there obviously are within the club/dressing room.

BG - please let me make a little wager with you - it is ABSOLUTELY option 1. There is no earthly chance that the Board would sack MM, for two reasons - (a) we can't afford to waste the little cash we have on compensation to McGhee, and (b) because the Board has the utmost respect for what McGhee is doing. There are loads of other reasons, too. But - why not publicly put a tenner on this?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I pointed out they could use the LK debacle as a reason if they so desired then not pay compensation. MM would then need to take them to an Industrial Tribunal which wouldnt be heard until the summer probably so it would not affect this years transfer budget.

I am not a gambling man but would bet 'hypothetically' MM does not have 100% backing in the board room.

Having said that I would stick with him because I believe that despite his odd moments he will pull us through but then I am not on the board.

Last edited:

BensGrandad said:
As I pointed out they could use the LK debacle as a reason if they so desired then not pay compensation. MM would then need to take them to an Industrial Tribunal which wouldnt be heard until the summer probably so it would not affect this years transfer budget.
How irresponsible would that be? It would be spending money NOW, in the knowledge that it was needed LATER.

Is that the way to run a business?
BensGrandad said:
I am not a gambling man
eh?

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Lord Bracknell said:
How irresponsible would that be? It would be spending money NOW, in the knowledge that it was needed LATER.

Is that the way to run a business?

eh?

That is what they usually do. Expect your season ticket renewal form next week! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I suggested getting Wise in as player manager when he was sacked off by Southampton.

Not sure I can see McGhee bringing him in as a player because as pressure mounts on McGhee people will see a ready made replacement already in the squad.

Fingers crossed though, Wise would be a good signing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here