Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another Kuipers - Henderson Thread

brightonbc

Sep 2, 2006
portslade
It will be see how Henderson will react, cause now the clown has gone, he is no longer 1st choice. Kuipers was never a Mcgee favourite, he tried to sell him to hull when he first came in. Kuipers lost the shirt through injury, Henderson kept the shirt because he was a mcgee signing.simple as.he was at fault for so many goals towards the end of last year and still was never dropped, because of his distribution, which if you have ashley cole may be a fair comment, but when all kerry mayo does is boot it 80 yards down the field, it defeats the object. The Dutch marine has got the shirt now and has done nothing so far to lose it.....long may it continue, cause kuipers is a match winner Henderson aint

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
brightonbc said:
Kuipers was never a Mcgee favourite, he tried to sell him to hull when he first came in.

was that not coppell - then roberts got injured and the deal fell through?

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Both I believe.

McGhee was far from impressed with the (admittedly) dodgy performances of Kuipers in the first 2 games he picked him(Peterboro away and Lincoln in the FA Cup).

The car crash occured late November 2003, so it would have been McGhee seeing him off.

However, Coppell was the one who sent him on loan to Hull in August '03, and resulted in us having to use a loan signing to get a backup keeper.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
At least 4 kicks straight into touch today, and another 3 that veered off to the opposite side of the pitch than had been intended.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So what ?
When Kuipers fucks up, we concede a throw-in.
When Henderson fucks up, we concede a GOAL.

We can't keep both these guys happy. Something has got to give somewhere along the line, both deserve 1st team football.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I think FDM should play Tuesday, interesting to see if Henderson reacts to being dropped in a more mature way than FDM. Although the big Dutchman had three excelent saves at Bristol City last week i thought his distribution was poor and his command of his area was at best eratic. Having said that he was trying to rouse the support from the traveling supporters and is very popular with the Fans! Hendo though is his equal at least and has youth on his side............We are lucky to have two good goalkeepers!:clap:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Deano said on SCR he likes the keep the shirt if you play well policy which is why he started with Kuipers today.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Kupiers will keep the shirt while is playing well or injury gets in the way. Henderson will up his game on the training pitch to try and get back in the team.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Trigger said:
Deano said on SCR he likes the keep the shirt if you play well policy which is why he started with Kuipers today.

Certainly a better policy than McGhee had.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
brightonbc said:
Henderson ... was never dropped, because of his distribution, which if you have ashley cole may be a fair comment, but when all kerry mayo does is boot it 80 yards down the field, it defeats the object.

Then that's Mayo's fault, not Henderson's. His distribution is a huge bonus for us.

brightonbc said:

The Dutch marine has got the shirt now and has done nothing so far to lose it.....long may it continue, cause kuipers is a match winner Henderson aint

His kicking was shocking yesterday - the ones into touch are bad enough, but when he lands ground kicks in the middle of the pitch, ten yards short of the halfway line, he's putting the team in major trouble. He'll have to raise his game to keep the shirt after yesterday.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
brightonbc said:
It will be see how Henderson will react, cause now the clown has gone, he is no longer 1st choice. Kuipers was never a Mcgee favourite, he tried to sell him to hull when he first came in. Kuipers lost the shirt through injury, Henderson kept the shirt because he was a mcgee signing.simple as.he was at fault for so many goals towards the end of last year and still was never dropped, because of his distribution, which if you have ashley cole may be a fair comment, but when all kerry mayo does is boot it 80 yards down the field, it defeats the object. The Dutch marine has got the shirt now and has done nothing so far to lose it.....long may it continue, cause kuipers is a match winner Henderson aint

Kuipers has been and hopefully will continue to be 2nd choice keeper for us for the past 3 managers. He may have saved a shot yesterday but he'll never be as good as Hendo. But although I prefer Henderson if Kuipers carries on keeping clean sheets then I have no problem in him keeping Wayne out of the team.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Withdean Wanderer said:
At least 4 kicks straight into touch today, and another 3 that veered off to the opposite side of the pitch than had been intended.

Absolutely - Henderson would have been slaughtered for those. The bias towards Kuipers from some people would be laughable if it wasn't so unfair on Henderson, who also makes some fantastic saves.

As for Kuipers playing to the crowd, am I the only one who thinks he's whipping it up deliberately to try to secure his place in the side.

Henderson looked pretty unhappy at the end - perhaps because he knew Kuipers one great save would have everyone forgetting his hopeless kicking? I can't see him sticking around to sit on our bench when he'd probably get a Championship club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here