Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

another day, another upper class tory boy reveals his true colours......

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I can't remember why Flight got deselected as MP for Arundel and the Downs - can someone please remind me (not a dig, just a genuine question).

Flight was deselected because he stupidly made a statement that contradicted his leader's public line while exposing the party leadership's private line - that cuts following a tory victory would be far higher than they were prepared to put in their manifesto.

I believe the favourite tabloid phrase is 'gaffe-prone'.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I can't remember why Flight got deselected as MP for Arundel and the Downs - can someone please remind me (not a dig, just a genuine question).

In answer to myself, he was secretly recorded saying that, if the Tories got elected (in the 2005 election), they would make 'extra cuts' beyond what they had said in their manifesto.

Edit - beaten to it - thanks fatbadger.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Anyone who believes this is a mong. How can a multi millionaire married to a multi millionairess possibly be in the same boat as us?

The same idiots that believe the heatless vermin tories when they say they'll make "efficiency savings" and promise tax cuts.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
"We're all in this together"

Council cuts: the rich get richer, while the poor get poorer.

Council cuts: the rich get richer, while the poor get poorer | Society | guardian.co.uk

I don't remember those "northern" council complaining too much when Labour re-directed funding to them from "Southern" councils to bolster their vote in their heartlands. Now the money would appear to be being "re-balanced". What is really needed is a per head amount so that all councils are treated equally.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I don't remember those "northern" council complaining too much when Labour re-directed funding to them from "Southern" councils to bolster their vote in their heartlands. Now the money would appear to be being "re-balanced". What is really needed is a per head amount so that all councils are treated equally.

Bolster their vote in the heartland? Or give fundings to some of the most deprived areas of the country. Places that needed the money a hell of a lot more? The only thing that need's 're-balancing' is Cameron's moral compass.

Nope. The same tedious people telling us the same tedious things about tedious Tory politicians.

I predict in addition to the tedious Tory-bashers already posted on this thread that Withdean Wombat, Glasfryn and Dougal to wade in with some particularly tedious comments. I could save them the bother by cutting and pasting any of the umpteen tediously dull posts they've already bored me with but they probably don't get out much and live for these left-wing mutual wankathons.

How tedious. I'm off to the pub.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Nope. The same tedious people telling us the same tedious things about tedious Tory politicians.

I predict in addition to the tedious Tory-bashers already posted on this thread that Withdean Wombat, Glasfryn and Dougal to wade in with some particularly tedious comments. I could save them the bother by cutting and pasting any of the umpteen tediously dull posts they've already bored me with but they probably don't get out much and live for these left-wing mutual wankathons.

How tedious. I'm off to the pub.

I am glad someone doesn't mind about the people of this nation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here