Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another 3 goals shooting towards the North Stand.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Does anybody know how many goals we have scored at each end?

To me we seem to score a lot more goals when shooting towards the North, is this a coincidence or do you feel shooting towards the home end helps?

I hate seeing the whole end filled with away fans, the sooner we can bung them in a corner the better.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Does anybody know how many goals we have scored at each end?

To me we seem to score a lot more goals when shooting towards the North, is this a coincidence or do you feel shooting towards the home end helps?

I hate seeing the whole end filled with away fans, the sooner we can bung them in a corner the better.

We always play a little tighter in the first 45 so there's never any bloody goals at my end.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
and am I right in thinking that apart froma late Leeds equaliser and a brace from Phillips that no other visiting team has scored in front of there own fans? I do feel the North is getting the best of the goal action!!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
From someone sitting in the south end of WSU it's bloody annoying!!

but fair play to you guys yesterday, from where I sit in the North it appeared you were giving it large to the Stains to my extreme amusment!! We all have jobs, our is to suck the ball into the net and yours to dish out abuse!!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I sit Bang in the middle of the West Upper, I have a decent view of either end, but i wish i was off to the left or the right a little. WSU towards the North seem to have a bit more banter with the North and WSU towards the South seem to be constantly abusing the away fans, good stuff.

Didnt Liverpool score infront of the south stand?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We had to deal with three Palace goals though, so it all evens itself out, which indicentally was the only game we have started kicking off S to N

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
but fair play to you guys yesterday, from where I sit in the North it appeared you were giving it large to the Stains to my extreme amusment!! We all have jobs, our is to suck the ball into the net and yours to dish out abuse!!

Never seen so many hand gestures in my life. Brilliant, and suprised how little they responded.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I sit Bang in the middle of the West Upper, I have a decent view of either end, but i wish i was off to the left or the right a little. WSU towards the North seem to have a bit more banter with the North and WSU towards the South seem to be constantly abusing the away fans, good stuff.

Didnt Liverpool score infront of the south stand?

they did, but i was referring to league!!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Never seen so many hand gestures in my life. Brilliant, and suprised how little they responded.

they had nothing to respond too, they had been torn apart 2nd half by the better side........there fans annoyed me when they arrived with the chant "we can fit the amex in our shed" so to see you lot giving it LARGE was fanstatic to the north!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Almost EVERY goal has been scored at the North end, for both teams.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
From the family stand, I thought the North were in great form yesterday and as someone else said, everyone did their bit and waded in to pile on the misery for Southampton. Excellent job all round, more next time please.
'3-0 to the champions' was my personal favourite.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I think its quite an advantage for the away team having all of one end. Is there any plans to change that when the extra seats are installed ?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
North Stand
Buckley v Doncaster
Buckley v Doncaster
Barnes v Gillingham
Barnes v Blackpool
Harley v Peterborough
Barnes v Liverpool
CMS v Leeds
Barnes v Leeds
CMS v Leeds
CMS v Crystal Palace
Harley v Barnsley
Buckley v Nottingham Forest
Forster-Caskey v Southampton
Sparrow v Southampton
Sparrow v Southampton

South Stand
CMS v Blackpool
CMS v Sunderland
Noone v Peterborough
Greer v Barnsley
Keogh (o.g) v Coventry
Vincelot v Coventry

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
In comparison, the opposition have mostly scored at the North end goal too:

North Stand
Sharp for Doncaster
Bellamy for Liverpool
Keogh for Leeds
McCormack for Leeds
Zaha for Palace
Ambrose for Palace
Murray for Palace
Nolan for West Ham
Gardner for Coventry
Trippler for Burnley

South Stand
Phillips for Blackpool
Phillips for Blackpool
Kuyt for Liverpool
McCormack for Leeds

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
From someone sitting in the south end of WSU it's bloody annoying!!

We chose the North end of the WSU absolutely on purpose for that very reason. We gambled that the team would choose to play towards the North in the second half if they won the toss, and even going back to the goldstone days, I seem to recall more goals being scored at that end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here