Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another 3 goals shooting towards the North Stand.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We chose the North end of the WSU absolutely on purpose for that very reason. We gambled that the team would choose to play towards the North in the second half if they won the toss, and even going back to the goldstone days, I seem to recall more goals being scored at that end.

Similarly the away team are very likely to choose to attack the end where their fans are situated in the 2nd half.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Yes, as explained yesterday, can't remember if that was before the game or at half time

You are correct and I seem to remember it was on the big screens prior to the game in an item relating to the expansion and new training facility.

Martin Perry stated the away stand would be relocated to the south end of East.

Edited - Sorry seem to have lost 15 minutes of my life there LOL

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We chose the North end of the WSU absolutely on purpose for that very reason. We gambled that the team would choose to play towards the North in the second half if they won the toss, and even going back to the goldstone days, I seem to recall more goals being scored at that end.

Exactly this, we did the same. It was obvious there would be more atmosphere in the North half of the West Stand and that more goals would be scored that end. You would have to be an idiot to think otherwise!!

This is exactly why we chose North End WSU.

And the added bonus was Harding get flattened right in front of us yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here