Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Annoyed this new Film about HRH Margaret Thatcher is an 18+

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Privatisation was not a f*** up iMHO, the national industries were completely inefficient and provide poor service, loads of fat cat jobs for the boys and generated distorted union power houses. Not everything she did was good, and her self belief / arrogance in her last term proved her downfall. But people seem to forget the state the country was in in 79, we were on our knees.

Depends which industry you are talking about? BT definitely. British Rail definitely not.
The Power and Water companies have been privatised. If I wish to change my electricity and Gas providers, I can (and I do). Don't think I can change my water/sewage companies.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Also Privatisation has lead to a negative affect on our public services, in simple terms the money is never spend on remedial works as they are always thinking of the share price or dividends...thatch f*** up number 2...

"public services" are all still public (though not to say they arent f***ed up...). presumably you are thinking of the Railway, which was a f*** up, done for pure prinicple rather than economics. or maybe you mean water, where there doesn't seem to be enough investment in replacing old pipes. though how much is perception verses actual lack of investment, and how did they get so neglected in the first place? you surely cant be thinking of the gas, electricity or telecoms, which have had billions invested into and for what ever shortcomings (usually technical) certainly arent in need of remedial work.

as for council housing, the fuckup was insisting the proceeds couldnt be reinvested in a new wave of council housing and regeneration, which would have been far more productive long term than keeping in the bank so the interest could offset some of the rates/council tax. big missed oppurtunity there, one which Labour failed to rectify when they could have quite easily.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Best PM since Churchill... end of thread, go away you whingers (were probably not born, in nappies or to lazy to work at the time). :whistle:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Best PM since Churchill... end of thread, go away you whingers (were probably not born, in nappies or to lazy to work at the time). :whistle:

well she tried her best to live up to her hero, although concocting a war may have been going too far.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
small aspect? it completey transformed our economy and changed the outlook and politics of the nation a generation later (for better or worse). while HBB attitude is hopelessly crass and insensitive, the fact of the matter is more people came out of the 80's better off than they started, especially in the SE.

You also claim A Virgo is a football genius according to your status thingy.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You also claim A Virgo is a football genius according to your status thingy.

there may be a tad of sarcasm in there. what has that to do with the points highlighted? you think some are incorrect?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
certainly would be unsuitable for miners - she put enough of them out of work after all

as for minors - well those of us old enough to remember the milk snatcher would vouch for not allowing kids anywhere near her

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham
small aspect? it completey transformed our economy and changed the outlook and politics of the nation a generation later (for better or worse). while HBB attitude is hopelessly crass and insensitive, the fact of the matter is more people came out of the 80's better off than they started, especially in the SE.

you mean only in the SE

whole areas of wales, nothern england and scotland have been subjected to a low wage economy since. Her true legacy was creating the monster that was tony b.liar by mortgaging our future to private contractors under PFI. I fail to see how this was better that before Thatcher.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Oh good, another Thatcher thread.

For half of us she was a bitch and the worst thing to ever happen to this country. Mine closures, broke the Unions, poll tax, privatisation, council home sell-off :cry:

To the other half she was a hero and the best thing to ever happen to this country. Mine closures, broke the Unions, poll tax, privatisation, council home sell-off :clap:

Lets leave it eh

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

On this occasion you assumed which made an ass of you but not me.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Don't think I can change my water/sewage companies.

You could install a septic tank in your garden, collect the water off your roof into a tank and pump it into your water supply pipes.

Dunno if this would work durin really bad freezing wintery conditions.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
certainly would be unsuitable for miners - she put enough of them out of work after all

as for minors - well those of us old enough to remember the milk snatcher would vouch for not allowing kids anywhere near her
this

you mean only in the SE

whole areas of wales, nothern england and scotland have been subjected to a low wage economy since. Her true legacy was creating the monster that was tony b.liar by mortgaging our future to private contractors under PFI. I fail to see how this was better that before Thatcher.

this

Top top lady. Even at her age I still would.[/Q

is that necrophilia or bestiatlity or both

certainly not this ......................and both

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here