Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Annoyed this new Film about HRH Margaret Thatcher is an 18+

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

Wanted to take my lad.

But apparently its unsuitable for miners..........boom tish!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The BBFC awarded an 18 certificate to this film because of offensive language throughout (anything uttered by Thatcher)

D

Deleted User X18H

What a genuinely horrible attitude to have.

Why? Thatcher allowed those who may not have had the chance previously to own their own homes.

To say her time as PM was one of horror is simply not true.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not that simple though is it? That is one very small aspect of her reign. Great that it worked out for you, but perhaps a little sympathy or empathy for those who were negatively affected? Nah? Thought not.

D

Deleted User X18H

Not that simple though is it? That is one very small aspect of her reign. Great that it worked out for you, but perhaps a little sympathy or empathy for those who were negatively affected? Nah? Thought not.

Everyone is either postively or negatively affected by every administration I'm afraid . I was negativley affected by the previous lot to this. Others not so much.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am negatively affected by the current government however far prefer them to those previous fuckwits.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Why? Thatcher allowed those who may not have had the chance previously to own their own homes.

yes but that doesn't usually stop people re writing history!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
but it is that simple. Lots of people better off. Lots of people worse off. Happens every election and before you take the moral high ground it's worth remembering most people vote according to which party stands to represent their views best; be those socioeconomic or otherwise. Sure you do same?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Any film that has a giant c*nt as it's star should have an X certificate.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

small aspect? it completey transformed our economy and changed the outlook and politics of the nation a generation later (for better or worse). while HBB attitude is hopelessly crass and insensitive, the fact of the matter is more people came out of the 80's better off than they started, especially in the SE.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove

The country now has a huge shortage in council/affordable housing. This leaves us with a huge housing benefit bill, of which lines the pockets of landlords. So basically 25yrs on and the only pepole benefiting are the said landlords who allow people to live it not ideal conditions.

Thatch got rid of the Council houses believing that there would never be a great demand for them again.... Thatch f*** up number 1....

Also Privatisation has lead to a negative affect on our public services, in simple terms the money is never spend on remedial works as they are always thinking of the share price or dividends...thatch f*** up number 2...

I not going to say she was a **** but imo we are still paying a high financial and moral cost to her innings.

They should of got Bella Emberg to play her!!!!

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Privatisation was not a f*** up iMHO, the national industries were completely inefficient and provide poor service, loads of fat cat jobs for the boys and generated distorted union power houses. Not everything she did was good, and her self belief / arrogance in her last term proved her downfall. But people seem to forget the state the country was in in 79, we were on our knees.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Top top lady. Even at her age I still would.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here