Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ankergren

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I shit my pants everytime Casper plays... And yesterday proved why!

When harper was in goal I did not shit my pants. :).

I think we need to work on your dietary needs as well as Ankergren`s incompetence.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
If he were a horse who made that many mistakes he would have been put down and sent to the glue factory.

The problem yesterday was that we only had one shot on target. This is a team game, so to blame Ankergren for the defeat is very short sighted. Yes, he made a mistake that cost us a goal. But, why were we not creating and taking chances at the other end? This is the real question we should be asking. If we had put a couple of chances away properly, we wouldn't be spending so much of our time on threads like this.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
why do people keep on saying ... but he had a good game at derby ... does this mean we got to keep him in goal as he had 1 good game this season ?

Because he also made a great save to keep the cardff game at 0-0, before we went on to win it (would we have done so from 1-0 down?), because he made a couple of great saves v bristol first to keep it 0-0, then in the dying moments to keep it 1-0 to us, because he kept hull to 0 in our draw with them through some fine saves and brave keeping as well as the performance v derby.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
The problem yesterday was that we only had one shot on target. This is a team game, so to blame Ankergren for the defeat is very short sighted. Yes, he made a mistake that cost us a goal. But, why were we not creating and taking chances at the other end? This is the real question we should be asking. If we had put a couple of chances away properly, we wouldn't be spending so much of our time on threads like this.

Absolutely spot on. You WILL concede goals, every team does, whether they are errors or whatever. The problem we have is that conceding the odd goal here and there is costing us results cos we aren't scoring.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
RE: that 'good shot stopper' quality that people keep picking up on.

I can think of 1 or 2 decent saves he's made this season. I can remember quite a few goals we've conceded where he didn't even make any attempt to stop the shots.

We had Steve Harper for a month and he pulled off more frequent, higher quality saves than Casper has all season to date.

I don't know that I remember the higher quality saves of harper, but I too find this argument of him being a god shot stopper to not be entirely accurate. For me, to a be a good shot stopper you need to make saves that aren't often made by keepers, otherwise you are just keeping goal. Too many shots go through him or leave him planted for me to consider him anything other than average when it comes to shot stopping.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Just seen the highlights. Oh my God! Casper must go quickly. Same old mistakes week after week.

Can you tell me when Casper has dropped a cross at the feet of a striker before please. I have seen most of the games this season but cannot recall any, but I am sure if it happened 'week after week' you can list them out.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

Do you sit in WSU? I always thought it was just somebody with bad wind.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Can you tell me when Casper has dropped a cross at the feet of a striker before please. I have seen most of the games this season but cannot recall any, but I am sure if it happened 'week after week' you can list them out.

Are you suggesting he actually looks confident with crosses???? There will be about 15-20 thousand others who would disagree with you! Week after week he looks so uncomfortable with crosses and coming off his line that its embarrassing. Same old mistakes week after week referred to his underlying problems with coming and dealing confidently with crosses. Is that clear enough now?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He is a weakness no doubt about it. His biggest strength is his ability with the ball at his feet which aids the system we play, otherwise there cannot be any other reason to persist with him. He is is adequate (but not good) in other areas, but the higher level you play at adequate is not good enough.

I think we will continue with Casper for the remainder of the season and then try someone else in the Summer.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing

I'm glad I didn't sit next to you when this one went between the sticks for us then.

0,,10433~6921181,00.jpg

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Keep a clean sheet you are guarenteed a point. Bet the players are getting pissed of off with Calamity as he is undoing all their hard work.

Good keeper at times but far to prone to errors and is never ever assured on crosses.

Liability who needs replacing with a proven championship keeper ASAP

If a keeper is costing you more points than he is saving then he is not up to it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here