Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ankergren

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
Bloke behind me was giving him stick about everything, I think he is a good keeper, ok will make mistakes and could release the ball quicker, but fans getting on his back will not help his confidence, some of these people need to remember his performance against Derby where he was fantastic

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
He was GREAT against Cov and today he made a couple of mistakes, but NOTHING that cost the team.

People need to get some PERSPECTIVE

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As a keeper myself, it really pisses me off when people get on his back for not catch EVERY ball fired at him. Just let him do his Job, he IS a good keeper.

He is but people don't want to know that. Those who think Harper was better, look at what he actually did. Conceded 5 goals, and we lost 3 out of 5 games.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
In a word - Terrible

I have said it many times on here, why would Leeds get promoted from L1 with a keeper then sell him straight away? He flaps at everything, and is rooted like a tree when he should be moving. Today he was just lucky more than anything else, and the tip over the bar, all he had to do was jump up with his arms above him, hardly much skill needed for that, without decent defending and terrible shots he would have shipped many today.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
i think that quite good goalie but if only he was a lot quicker getting the ball out every one around me near the end asking him to get the ball out quicker and stop slowing the play down so much espally when not winning.

I would imagine that particular tactic is down to Gus and it's probably a case of Casper getting unjustified criticism for only following instructions. If Gus wanted him to play it out faster then i'm sure its something that he would have made sure that it happens.

Would those idiots having a go at Casper for that be willing to redirect their complaints towards Gus instead? Or do they realise that Gus knows what he is doing and thinks that tactically it is the right way for us to play, and securing a point is far more important than risking too much and getting caught out and ending up with nothing just to keep a few serial moaners happy.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Leeds got rid of him after being promoted to the Championship (OK, they got an excellent replacement in for him). He's not a bad keeper, but is probably struggling at this level. Being replaced by Harper for a few games seems to have given him a well-aiked kick up the backside, though

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
In a word - Terrible

I have said it many times on here, why would Leeds get promoted from L1 with a keeper then sell him straight away? He flaps at everything, and is rooted like a tree when he should be moving. Today he was just lucky more than anything else, and the tip over the bar, all he had to do was jump up with his arms above him, hardly much skill needed for that, without decent defending and terrible shots he would have shipped many today.
In a word - Pathetic summing up. So you think we have a keeper who can't jump. Your opinion of Gus Poyet must be very very low if he chooses a keeper that can't jump with his arms above his head.

It's retard comments like this that make NSC opinion of Ankergren completely laughable.

I'll sum huim up lately in one sentance. Two clean sheets in a row, one unstoppable goal in three games...... he can't be that shit can he...... or are you just repeating what the bigger boys say, without having a f***ing clue what you are speaking about yourself? :tosser:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Bloke behind me was giving him stick about everything, I think he is a good keeper, ok will make mistakes and could release the ball quicker, but fans getting on his back will not help his confidence, some of these people need to remember his performance against Derby where he was fantastic
Not having a go, but he cannot release the ball quicker, as its not the way Gus plays. If the early throw is on, he does it nearly every time, but it wasn't today so he kills the game, allows the defenders to split, and plays it from the back. He cannt go any quicker. You've only got to watch Poyet. He's on anyones case if they dont play his way, and he seems fine with the way Ankergren plays from the back. Its when he tries a long quick kick when there is a ball to a defender on, that Lord Gus has something to say.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
In a word - Pathetic summing up. So you think we have a keeper who can't jump. Your opinion of Gus Poyet must be very very low if he chooses a keeper that can't jump with his arms above his head.

It's retard comments like this that make NSC opinion of Ankergren completely laughable.

I'll sum huim up lately in one sentance. Two clean sheets in a row, one unstoppable goal in three games...... he can't be that shit can he...... or are you just repeating what the bigger boys say, without having a f***ing clue what you are speaking about yourself? :tosser:

I am not repeating what anyone says as I have been saying it all season. Two clean sheets against teams that cannot score, today a team who have scored 7 from 10 games away and are second bottom, had 2 shots on target of which both were straight at him. They had a couple of shots off target that he was no where near and had it been a better team would have scored. He cant move, unfortunately for whatever reason we could not get a decent keeper on loan. If you read back my post, which obviously appears to have been difficult for you I said he managed to jump with his arms in the air to stop a shot but did not have to move for it. If you think that he is anywhere near good enough for that league then you really do not know what your talking about, as we have moved on from playing poor teams in L1

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
He cant move, unfortunately for whatever reason we could not get a decent keeper on loan.
We can't get another keeper on loan, because our manager DOES NOT WANT another keeper on loan. If he did Steve Harper would still be here.

So then Lord Gus of Poyet, picks a keeper who in your opinion can't move. Either a) we have a completely shit manager, or B) you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about......

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I do not have to agree with every decision that Gus makes, and that is what makes football a great thing to talk about and make opinions. I think he is wrong in this decision, and CA has been cut from other teams in this league, maybe a deal for a new keeper has been tied up with Dunk!

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
It's not just the fans who get at him though! I feel for Casper sometimes, the defence put him under quite a bit of pressure, unnecessarily so on occasions. Today he received a back pass from Dunk about 2 yards out and was being closed down rapidly, he tried to get the ball away to Greer but it went out of play. Greer went f***ing mental at him. Thought it was a bit harsh as had Greer and Dunk Not been dicking around with the ball Casper wouldn't have been put in that position.

You are right. I have noticed that he gets put in pressure situations sometimes. Particularly when some of the mids are dordling around and not getting into space so he has to lump it up.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I do not have to agree with every decision that Gus makes, and that is what makes football a great thing to talk about and make opinions. I think he is wrong in this decision, and CA has been cut from other teams in this league, maybe a deal for a new keeper has been tied up with Dunk!
Oh dear, you really are clueless. So we've already sold Dunk now, and got a new keeper into the deal, is that what you are trying to say. And Caspers already been cut from one other Championship team (are you a yank, explains all if you are) . Maybe you should go away and find out why Leeds "cut" Casper.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Oh dear, you really are clueless. So we've already sold Dunk now, and got a new keeper into the deal, is that what you are trying to say. And Caspers already been cut from one other Championship team (are you a yank, explains all if you are) . Maybe you should go away and find out why Leeds "cut" Casper.

I am not a Yank no, could not think of a better term, they did so as they found a better keeper, having lived in Leeds at the time I know what I am talking about and many of my family and friends are season ticked holders there so I have talked about him to them many times, as well as Paynter and he has proved everything they promised as well.

From what I understand there is a deal on the table and I am speculating that a keeper may be in that.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I am not a Yank no, could not think of a better term, they did so as they found a better keeper, having lived in Leeds at the time I know what I am talking about and many of my family and friends are season ticked holders there so I have talked about him to them many times, as well as Paynter and he has proved everything they promised as well.

From what I understand there is a deal on the table and I am speculating that a keeper may be in that.
From your opinion and comments on Casper I doubt if many would take much notice of what you understand about a deal on the table.

From living in Leeds, you should be aware then that Leeds only let Casper go, as they signed a new keeper (was it Casper Schimicheal)(as teams do) and he was out of contract, his number two wasn't, and as they didnt want three senior keepers, Casper was the odd man out. Makes the situation sound very different to what you say.

But I'll say again, while football is all about opinions, our manager is picking a goalkeeper who you say cannot move. If you think if a manager picks a keeper "who cannot move" no matter what you think about "opinions", that manager surely must be a f***ing idiot?..... either that or as I said, you are completely clueless and talking shit..........

Now Paynters shit as well........ cricky, Gus must be really low in your opinions!!!!

Last edited:

Jul 15, 2011
Lewwwwwwes
I agree entirely with the originator of this thread. I have never understood why people get on the back of the defense when they make a mistake but a poor strike from a forward will get a polite round of applause. In the East Stand yesterday i had to resort to listening to my ipod in the 2nd half to drown out the calls of idiot and useless from the old woman (i'm in my forties ffs!) behing me to my left. Never done this before whilst watching the Albion, slightly sureall watching the boys to a Kasabian, Foo Fighters and Elbow sound track.

Let's keep getting behing ALL of our boys after all, have you seen the league position?

owenthemonkey

Aug 17, 2011
Clearly Kasper is instructed to keep the ball and not hoof it by the coaching staff. The problem is that only Greer and Bridcutt ever get themselves in space to get the ball from him. I'm sure he would rather pass it quicker than he has been doing but at the same time does not want to lose it. The way the midfield has been set up in the last few games has made it really hard for him to pick out a pass. Felt sorry for him when the fans got on his back for palming a cross away under pressure from two attackers, only to be called every name under the sun for not catching it.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
For people saying he is shit they clearly didn't go to Derby... Would have been 2 or 3 down at half time if it wasn't for him.

Lot worse keepers in this league and to be honest I wasn't overly impressed with Harper

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ankergren's two clean sheets in a week have got him into the Football League Championship team of the week along with Greer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here