Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ankergren

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
IMHO Kuipers in his time was worth the 10 points a season its deemed a good keeper would save you over a season
History i think may back me up
Yes his distribution was very poor, when kicking and by no means would he have suited the current style of football under Gus
Which im sure is why his time came to an end when it did
But and this is a big BUT how many keepers could play the sweeper /keeper role? As well as CA did last year
I think we got lucky last year as circumstances forced Gus s hand a little
Casper has his faults but overall he is plenty good enough at this level as long as his defenders are aware and can compensate
I think this is why Muzza was the free man at corners defensively last year but i could be wrong
In Gus we trust

I loved Kuipers too and could not believe it when gus let him go,But now we have to get behind Ankers and Brez , i for one think they are doing a Fcuking brilliant job.
We are Fcuking Brilliant.
Brez was amasing in our cup run last season and needs to come on as sub regularly in league games to improve and gain experiance .

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why? Why start this thread? What did he do v portsmouth that was so outstanding? (that's not rhetorical, I've only seen the highlights on the league show and skimmed one report, I only saw one header straight at him, and the follow up from the pen, which went straight at him, and wasn't the strongest of shots).

In the first post you mention the clean sheet as if it is something special, a) according to the stats on both the seagulls site and espnsoccernet he faced only three shots on target and only made two saves (I read in one report that Barnes blocked a shot, I imagine that's the third shot on target), b) he kept lots of clean sheets last year (20 in 45 matches, with an average of 3.8 shots on target per match) and he still faced criticism, what makes you think this one will stop all that?

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
the best bit is he can time waste like a BOSS, when he runs from one side of the box to the other whilst being chased and then picks it up to waste those vital seconds.

Genius.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
His kicks yesterday were bloody awful..
Spoke to a pompey fan old gent of (70+ if that helps) and the first thing he said was our keeper was very nervous. 100% agree with this.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Went to the Pompey game with a Pompey season ticket holder yesterday who has run the line at top level. Interesting he felt that Ankergen created panic in the defence in that he was uncertain about coming off his line.

He also said that he felt Ankergen's place kicking was a bit weak, I do tend to agree as he did hoof a couple straight out of play.

He is a quality shot stopper and almost players as a sweeper but I for one do panic when crosses or high balls are put in the box.

Perhaps that shows why he ran the line at a top level rather than played. Does the level of being a lino make somebody an expert on every aspect of the game.

I am more than happy with Casper although I sometimes cringe at his choice to punch the ball rather than catch it.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
He has his faults yes, but overall he is a good keeper, not sure about Brezovan though. He seems to look panicky all the time to me. I could be wrong, but I can't see him knocking Ank, out of the no 1 jersey.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
I love how he always seems to get into a spat with the opposite fans. It looked like he made some kind of gesture to the Pompey fans after the final whistle.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Why? Why start this thread? What did he do v portsmouth that was so outstanding? (that's not rhetorical, I've only seen the highlights on the league show and skimmed one report, I only saw one header straight at him, and the follow up from the pen, which went straight at him, and wasn't the strongest of shots).

In the first post you mention the clean sheet as if it is something special, a) according to the stats on both the seagulls site and espnsoccernet he faced only three shots on target and only made two saves (I read in one report that Barnes blocked a shot, I imagine that's the third shot on target), b) he kept lots of clean sheets last year (20 in 45 matches, with an average of 3.8 shots on target per match) and he still faced criticism, what makes you think this one will stop all that?

I was right behind the goal on saturday with my daughter not watching hi-lights later ,believe me he did a cracking job, now fcuk off armchair supporter, if you think the team Gus is picking is shit maybe you should start a thread calling for him to be sacked you ****

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I loved Kuipers too and could not believe it when gus let him go,But now we have to get behind Ankers and Brez , i for one think they are doing a Fcuking brilliant job.
We are Fcuking Brilliant.
Brez was amasing in our cup run last season and needs to come on as sub regularly in league games to improve and gain experiance .

Sorry mate, but that is one of the most clueless posts I have ever read.

Matter of opinion, but I think Kuipers survived at least three seasons too long. He was great at stopping shots, but not much else, and todays keepers needs to do more than just save shots, as Casper has proven. But thats opinion.

What is clueless, and pathetic really, is how little you understand football, too even suggest you sub your goalkeeper regulary in league games. It wouldn't. couldn't and doesn't happen

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Sorry mate, but that is one of the most clueless posts I have ever read.

Matter of opinion, but I think Kuipers survived at least three seasons too long. He was great at stopping shots, but not much else, and todays keepers needs to do more than just save shots, as Casper has proven. But thats opinion.

What is clueless, and pathetic really, is how little you understand football, too even suggest you sub your goalkeeper regulary in league games. It wouldn't. couldn't and doesn't happen

Sub him when the game is safe to improve his understudy for when he is needed you cock

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
His kicks yesterday were bloody awful..
Spoke to a pompey fan old gent of (70+ if that helps) and the first thing he said was our keeper was very nervous. 100% agree with this.

Utter Bollox get behind your team and respect the managers decisions or f*** OFF and go support the skates with your mates ,wanker.

Last edited:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Utter Bollox get behind your team and respect the managers decisions or f*** OFF and go support the skates with your mates ,wanker.

Hold on... How can ou say his kicks were good? I am happy with him overall and he is way better than Brezovan, so I am not complaining. I am just stating an opinion. 1 of the reasons I am sure pompey missed the penalty was because of the keeper, he went the right way and was full length so covered most of the goal and then saed the second shot. So no rant about him, just an opinion on his kicking.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Hold on... How can ou say his kicks were good? I am happy with him overall and he is way better than Brezovan, so I am not complaining. I am just stating an opinion. 1 of the reasons I am sure pompey missed the penalty was because of the keeper, he went the right way and was full length so covered most of the goal and then saed the second shot. So no rant about him, just an opinion on his kicking.

Can you not read English i never said his kicks were good or bad you realy are stupid ,do you think the way the keeper moved after the ball was kicked realy influenced the penalty taker you ****

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was right behind the goal on saturday with my daughter not watching hi-lights later ,believe me he did a cracking job, now fcuk off armchair supporter, if you think the team Gus is picking is shit maybe you should start a thread calling for him to be sacked you ****

Wow. I see why you have s many red squares.
1) Armchair supporter? You obviously don't know much about me, I explain how that tag doesn't apply, but I don't think any fan has to justify themselves, there level of fandom, or why they were or were not at any single game.
2) Where did I say the team gus is picking is shit?
3) Where did I call for ankergren to be sacked?
4) Exactly what was cracking about the job he did? This is all I'm asking. You started the thread with a vague statement about how well he played. I've asked for further details, and highlighted that the only point of the game you specify (a clean sheet) as being a reason for fans to stop complaining, was something that occurred with great frequency last season and didn't stop people complaining last season, so assumed it had to be more. I made it clear, with my mention of seeing only highlights and only skimming one report that I didn't know much about the match, to emphasise I was looking for more information about his performance from someone who was there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here