Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ankergren

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Sub him when the game is safe to improve his understudy for when he is needed you cock
I'm a cock? I didn't let rip at you earlier because with your views I presummed you were an young child, but as I read earlier you were behind the goal with your child, then, well I pity you really.

You then call someone a cock for calling you clueless?!?!? Are you really that f***ing stupid to suggest changing a goalkeeper to give him experience is as many league games as we can.

He's 31. He's one WHOLE MONTH younger than Casper. You'd be stupid to suggest doing it with a young keeper, but FFS he's in his 30s.

How many team swap goalkeepers during a game reguallry thoughtout the season.... err NONE. Wonder why no one thought of doing that? Apart maybe from a moron on here.

You are exactly the sort of supporter that makes these boards laughable at time. I'm all for having an opinion and fighting your corner, but FFS mate you aint going to find anyone on here thinking subbing a keeper throughtout the season, to give his 31 year old understudy experience, agreeing with you. And then attack and call people **** or stupid for disagreing with you, when you make one of the most f***ing ridiculous posts I've ever seen on here.

Asked your daughter what she thinks, and maybe learn something in the process.

Maybe we should sub CMS with young Berkamp, and then sub Gordon Greer with young Grant Hall, and also sub Dicker with Caskey when the games safe. In fact let just sub all 11 players when the games safe with the youth team to give them experience. Better idea than your stupid one.

FFS JCLs can be so thick its untrue.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
QUOTE - Shut the f*** up knob! Ankergrens shit at kicking unless it's slowly passed back to him. He can't do f*** all else and flaps at EVERYTHING!!! Knob!

I wonder who posted that in my rep!!! :tosser:

Last edited:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
His long distribution against pompey was poor and Greer had a go at him during the first half.

He doesn't stand out as having any outstanding qualities and I'd be concerned if he was our best keeper for the season

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
His long distribution against pompey was poor and Greer had a go at him during the first half.

He doesn't stand out as having any outstanding qualities and I'd be concerned if he was our best keeper for the season
I wouldn't be concerned mate. Gus isn't.

He has some outstanding qualities. If it wasn't for him, we would not have won 8 out of 8 in March. He made some outstanding late saves, so I'd say concentration is one outstanding qualities, as is his shot stopping. It would be easy for a keeper in a dominate team to switch off during a game, but he's proved he doesn't.

His kicking at Pompey wasn't the best, but then a couple he put into touch were only a few inches to high. A foot lower and they would have been passes Beckham would have been proud of.

His claimness on the ball is an outstanding quality and one any Albion keeper has to have under Gus.

He has his faults, of course he does. Crosses are probably his biggest weakness, but I have no doubt if his cross taking was as good as the rest of his game, we wouldn't have signed him, as he'd have already been a top championship or lower premiership keeper.

I really don't understand what some people expect from him.

Off course he has faults. Crosses is something he's not the best at

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Perhaps that shows why he ran the line at a top level rather than played. Does the level of being a lino make somebody an expert on every aspect of the game.

I am more than happy with Casper although I sometimes cringe at his choice to punch the ball rather than catch it.

Just for the record he also played Southern League as a winger, I do think that someone who has played and been an official for over 50 years does give him a valid opinion!

At least we agree that on high balls Casper is a bit suspect.

rockypaul

May 23, 2011
Hopefully the clueless among the NSC crowd will now stop demanding Ankergrens replacement after saturdays brilliant clean sheet, including saving the penalty rebound.:albion2::albion2:

Wasnt worried about him, its his replacement if he gets injured...!!

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Casper is a very good shot stopper and his distribution is absolutely first class which is why he suits our style. However, he flaps at crosses and needs to be more positive with his catches. I suppose if he had it all, he'd be playing in the Premier League.....

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
The main issue I think 99% of us fans have is not really about Casper as number 1 (Gus is happy with him). It's a back up keeper we need IMHO..

Why are some fans being so negative?

I thought Bozza had requested to all of us that swearing is not allowed on this site?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Ankers wasn't particularly brilliant against Portsmouth, nor was he against Doncaster or Gills- he hasn't had a lot to do- so I don't really see the point of this thread. To be honest, I thought his kicking was a bit off on Saturday- at least 3 of them flew into the stands.
He is a decent 'keeper for this level and I for one am content with him as our number one this season, but I feel that next season when we are pushing for promotion, we will need a better all-rounder in goal that completely commands his box and doesn't look so bloody nervous.
OP- when someone gives a reasoned opinion that is different to yours, I suggest you actually take it on board rather than telling them to f*** off and calling them a ****. Pretty obvious as to why you have the worst rep on NSC..

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
couldn't really fault casper on saturday. His distribution onto the wings was a bit troublesome at times, but that was due to pressure from the pompey attack when we decided to keep the ball. 9/10

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
This reminds me of those threads about Kuipers we used to get on here.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Brez was amasing in our cup run last season and needs to come on as sub regularly in league games to improve and gain experiance .

yeah, he had a superb game at stoke. ive read some bollocks on here in the past, but that just about takes the biscuit. you want to sub off one of the most important positions on the pitch to give a 31 (THIRTY ONE) year old experience?

i could go on with a hundred things that are wrong with that decision, but seeing as you seem to lack the intelligence to carry out a debate with resorting to telling somebody to either f*** off or calling them a ****, it would be a totally pointless waste of time

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I'm a cock? I didn't let rip at you earlier because with your views I presummed you were an young child, but as I read earlier you were behind the goal with your child, then, well I pity you really.

You then call someone a cock for calling you clueless?!?!? Are you really that f***ing stupid to suggest changing a goalkeeper to give him experience is as many league games as we can.

He's 31. He's one WHOLE MONTH younger than Casper. You'd be stupid to suggest doing it with a young keeper, but FFS he's in his 30s.

How many team swap goalkeepers during a game reguallry thoughtout the season.... err NONE. Wonder why no one thought of doing that? Apart maybe from a moron on here.

You are exactly the sort of supporter that makes these boards laughable at time. I'm all for having an opinion and fighting your corner, but FFS mate you aint going to find anyone on here thinking subbing a keeper throughtout the season, to give his 31 year old understudy experience, agreeing with you. And then attack and call people **** or stupid for disagreing with you, when you make one of the most f***ing ridiculous posts I've ever seen on here.

Asked your daughter what she thinks, and maybe learn something in the process.

Maybe we should sub CMS with young Berkamp, and then sub Gordon Greer with young Grant Hall, and also sub Dicker with Caskey when the games safe. In fact let just sub all 11 players when the games safe with the youth team to give them experience. Better idea than your stupid one.

FFS JCLs can be so thick its untrue.

Good reposte, made me giggle more than a little bit :clap2:

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Ankergren was very good on Saturday, but as has been mentioned I'm worried if he gets injured, because as much as I like Big Pete, he's been pretty bobbins most of the times I've seen him since he lost the no.1 spot

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
yeah, he had a superb game at stoke. ive read some bollocks on here in the past, but that just about takes the biscuit. you want to sub off one of the most important positions on the pitch to give a 31 (THIRTY ONE) year old experience?

i could go on with a hundred things that are wrong with that decision, but seeing as you seem to lack the intelligence to carry out a debate with resorting to telling somebody to either f*** off or calling them a ****, it would be a totally pointless waste of time
Well put.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here