Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ankergren?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I don't think they left because they found the last 20 minutes "really f***ing annoying" I think they left because they knew we had won and they wanted to beat the rush. I don't see how I twisted your words either?!

Because i never said we should go all out attack, It just gets frustrating watching Ankergren time waste.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
"Invariably" he does ? Can you specify an occasion where he has cocked up doing this ?

You are right, and post respectfully edited. I guess Casper is always at the centre of this patient football, and I can't say I feel totally comfortable when they are passing around the 6 yard box, but it serves a purpose, just not great to watch.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm clueless for saying it's boring watching Ankergren time waste for the last 20 minutes, great logic.

yet Murray went close twice in the last 15-20 minutes, as did Noone. Had we popped one of those chances in, nobody would be saying a dicky-bird at what a BORING team we supposedly were in the 2nd half.

f*** me, if theres not a goal every 15 minutes now, people start moaning ! I think some fans on here are getting terribly SPOILT by the football we are playing this season.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
No, you're just whining about the team not going all-out for 5,6,7 goals when the game is already won. We didn't NEED to hurry things along, and we're too damn good for goal difference to become a factor this season anyway. We scored 4 at a canter and apparently this is STILL not good enough. Pathetic.

If you actually bothered to acknowledge or take in my posts and respond in an articulate manner rather than twisting the things that I say, you might find you get where I'm coming from. Since that isn't possible, I'll say things in an easier way for you to understand.

I do NOT think that winning 4-1 wasn't 'good enough'.

I DO think the time wasting was unecessary, I do NOT wish we'd have gone all out for '5,6,7 goals' - I'd have just liked us to continue playing our normal way, and let's be honest, we were trying to run down the clock rather than attack. Let me just emphasise that I DO understand it wasn't really essential that we did continue attacking, but why not bring Battipiedi and Holroyd into the game, fresh legs and no doubt looking to impress Poyet.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Because i never said we should go all out attack, It just gets frustrating watching Ankergren time waste.

Fine. I just can't believe some people are criticising Poyet's tactics after a comfortable 4-1 win. Hey-ho.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
We played brilliantly today. Foot was off the gas for the last 30, but why the hell not? The guys had earnt it. Casper is part of the reason we find ourselves at the top. He is one of the back 5, that pass it around, waiting for the opposition to come forward. When they eventually do, as they cannot help it after time, they create holes which we then kill teams off with. It's why we are top. It does wind the opposition though - El Ab's "I've got the ball, you have got to come and tackle me" against Pompey was case in point - after that incident Pompey got 3 yellows:banana::banana::banana::D

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
We played brilliantly today. Foot was off the gas for the last 30, but why the hell not? The guys had earnt it. Casper is part of the reason we find ourselves at the top. He is one of the back 5, that pass it around, waiting for the opposition to come forward. When they eventually do, as they cannot help it after time, they create holes which we then kill teams off with. It's why we are top. It does wind the opposition though - El Ab's "I've got the ball, you have got to come and tackle me" against Pompey was case in point - after that incident Pompey got 3 yellows:banana::banana::banana::D

Agree with that.

Incidentally, I live in Lindfield near the pond too...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If you actually bothered to acknowledge or take in my posts and respond in an articulate manner rather than twisting the things that I say, you might find you get where I'm coming from. Since that isn't possible, I'll say things in an easier way for you to understand.

I do NOT think that winning 4-1 wasn't 'good enough'.

I DO think the time wasting was unecessary, I do NOT wish we'd have gone all out for '5,6,7 goals' - I'd have just liked us to continue playing our normal way, and let's be honest, we were trying to run down the clock rather than attack. Let me just emphasise that I DO understand it wasn't really essential that we did continue attacking, but why not bring Battipiedi and Holroyd into the game, fresh legs and no doubt looking to impress Poyet.

We pass it round the back. Ankergren draws their players towards him. This creates space, enabling our defenders/midfielders more time on the ball when they then receive it from Ankergren. It is also tiring and frustrating for the opposition, as they go long spells chasing the ball.

This, apparently, is "timewasting" is it ?? I'd understand if he was taking YONKS over the goal kicks or free kicks, but quite clearly, he wasn't. And I say again - we were stroking it round the back in the first half as well, its just what we do.

Live with it.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
We pass it round the back. Ankergren draws their players towards him. This creates space, enabling our defenders/midfielders more time on the ball when they then receive it from Ankergren. It is also tiring and frustrating for the opposition, as they go long spells chasing the ball.

This, apparently, is "timewasting" is it ?? I'd understand if he was taking YONKS over the goal kicks or free kicks, but quite clearly, he wasn't. And I say again - we were stroking it round the back in the first half as well, its just what we do.

Live with it.

My first post on this thread?

Before anyone gets on their high horse and tells me they understand our game plan better than I do, I'll be the first to admit that I DO get the role of Ankergren in passing it around the back four, and I DO understand how that helps us to break teams down.

I get it. Thanks for completely ignoring that, though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My first post on this thread?

Before anyone gets on their high horse and tells me they understand our game plan better than I do, I'll be the first to admit that I DO get the role of Ankergren in passing it around the back four, and I DO understand how that helps us to break teams down.

I get it. Thanks for completely ignoring that, though.

You completely ignored it YOURSELF when you started whining like a little bitch about us keeping possession in the last 20 instead of bombing on forward like we were trying to rescue the game. And we still created opportunities in the last 20 anyway, we just didn't take them.

HOW you can find something to moan about after today is frankly inexplicable, but then I guess you were one of the utter tools urging us to "BLOODY GET IT FORWARD" when we were doing this in the home game against Bournemouth. Thankfully those shouts have pretty much been embarrassed into silence now and I guess this is just the outlet for them instead. Rather on here than at the game I suppose.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Re-read my first post, if you had done that you would recognise that I appreciate it's 'what we do'.

We weren't really creating opportunities, I can think of Murray's shot into the side netting and Chris Holroyd's slice after the fourth goal. I get that the build up was slower, but it didn't need to be.

Never did I say I wanted us to speed up, I just didn't think it was necessary to slow down to such a degree that we were time wasting with fifteen minutes to go. And it IS time wasting. It's not just Ankergren waiting ages for an attacker to come to him before diving on the ball, it's the goal kicks he takes ages to take too. Face it, the sole intention of Ankergren when doing this was to run down the clock rather than to attack.

Oh, and marvellous quote at the end there, yes that's exactly what I'm saying. Why wasn't Gary Hart brought on either?

We started with 3 up front, Wood went off injured early on and when Barnes was taken off to save him from getting a second yellow we were left with Murray up front. The game was won provided we kept the ball and didn't give Hartlepool any real chances at goal. Holroyd came on for Bennett so we weren't as strong offensively as we started the game (fewer attacking players) and we had no reason to attack - so why play gung ho attacking football?

By calming things down we prevented Hartlepool getting back into the game, didn't pick up any further injuries and bookings and saved energy (useful as we have a lot of games coming up in a short space of time) so why not do what we did.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I'm clueless for saying it's boring watching Ankergren time waste for the last 20 minutes

With just one small adjustment to your quote...yep, couldn't have put it better myself.

Personally I'm not bored with watching Anks take the mickey for the last 20mins with us 4-1 up.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
With just one small adjustment to your quote...yep, couldn't have put it better myself.

Personally I'm not bored with watching Anks take the mickey for the last 20mins with us 4-1 up.

So because somebody else thinks different that makes them wrong ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Couldn't make it today, but I've seen enough to place in player of the season territory although he's unlikely to get it.

Lost count of the low marks he's been given by people on here, on the basis he didn't have anything to do. How about marking him on the basis that in terms of controlling the ball with his feet there isn't a goalkeeper I've seen this season who can touch him ?

All the time we've had a goalkeeper who could distribute the ball at this club, it's made us far more flexible. I'm sure many just loved watching Kuipers pull off amazing saves after the rest of the team had given the opportunity for the opposition to have a shot.

Personally I prefer the style of play now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here