Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ankergren, transfer window open soon, NOW f*** OFF.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Sorry, but I don't think we will. Reckon he'll implode long before then. Fair play for him introducing some modicum of a passing game to the team, but at higher levels such as these, that's a given. You need to pass the ball, everybody understands that, but you also need to pass it with purpose. We don't, currently. We're pretty clueless in that respect.

I think we do pass it with purpose but we're a couple of players short of passing it better with purpose. We lack bite up front at present and the need to shoot more.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Leave Dicker alone he has done nothing wrong, he is EXACTLY the kind of player we are missing....not a coincidence our slide has coincided with his absence...granted, not the be all and end all, but an important player for us.

Take sentiment out because of his injury, but I saw CPFC pacey & quick thinking midfielders destroy him, and other Championship midfields too.
Not a lone view. The repeated mass groans in the WS as he was caught in possession, again and again, game after game.

If the Albion are aiming for the PL, Dicker, sadly cannot be part of the future.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I posted this on another thread but think it belongs here too:

I just don't understand why most posers (sorry posters) on here bother. We had a fantastic season 2010/2011 and any realist would surely have been satisfied with anywhere outside the bottom 3 for this year. Our great start obviously raised expectations but we are back to reality now and probably where we should be. We are a SMALL club compared to a lot of the teams in this league. My only concern is the discipline within the team and the number of silly yellow cards we concede. If we can get some of our crocks fit, stop getting bans and a couple of new players in during the window, we will be fine.

Happy New Year to all real supporters

macky

Dec 28, 2004
You really have no Idea how It happened have you? Anyways!! I'm sticking to this now. Right do you remember when Brighton played Liverpool not so long back? Here Is where it's going to get interesting because when Steven Gerrard, Yes I said Steven Gerrard came on alot of the Brighton "Fans" Stood up and cheered him on. Also on another note. When they scored too there was a few people on the North stand where we was that cheered when they scored too. You ask me how can I switch my team. Simple really. Moved down here and well it just happened. No fancy Story like I've been going to the ground since 1950 or something like that. Besides. You go on about me not being a true supporter. I bet that most Brighton fans support a premiership team wether you like or not. Where'd these extra 12k fans come from ehh?
howare they brighton fans then ??? they are'nt are they

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Chill out

Everyone needs to calm down.

It's not ideal that we're in indifferent form, but this is the toughest league in the world (as far as I'm concerned). Anyone who thought we were going to do an Norwich are mental. It has always been the priority to survive in this division surely? Forget Soton, they're just better than us.

If we're hacked off, how do you think Cardiff fan's feel? They're stuck in here, and I expect they'll lose the play-off final this year as well...

We have a new stadium, but we have no right to just start winning...Leicester, Soton, even "the worst team in the league", our friends in Coventry have a new build, but it is not (instant) success.

I'm sure we were 1-year ahead of schedule in getting promoted last year, so lets just enjoy being here.

So, yes, ideally we'll sign a new keeper and all the other lads will starting playing-up, CMS will score 20 in the 2nd half of the season, and we'll win the greatest play-off final in recent years, but I'd settle for 16th place with the worst discipline for this season for sure.

(Oh, and that ex-West Ham guy, just stop talking. It's admirable you're sticking to your guns but you're not making any friends acting like a bell).

Happy New Year x:clap:

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
We are a SMALL club compared to a lot of the teams in this league.
Happy New Year to all real supporters

Can your new year's resolution be to get rid of your small club mentality.

We don't play at Withdean anymore and we're about to add another 8000 seats to our beautiful new stadium because every league game has sold out.

I will now steal the moral high ground from you by wishing all suppoters a happy new year whether they agree with me or not.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry, but I don't think we will. Reckon he'll implode long before then. Fair play for him introducing some modicum of a passing game to the team, but at higher levels such as these, that's a given. You need to pass the ball, everybody understands that, but you also need to pass it with purpose. We don't, currently. We're pretty clueless in that respect.

You thought Poyet should be sacked by Christmas last season when we'd lost to Sheff Wed, so forgive me if I think that you've been on his back for quite some time. We have an unprecedented number of injuries so why aren't you calling for the club doctor or the physio to be sacked?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Let's hope the club still doesn't look at NSC to gauge opinion, because it seems the lunatics have escaped from the asylum and been given laptops for Christmas!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Going back to the op's comments about Ankergren, it amazes me how many sheep follow the 'Ankergren is shit' sentiments. Last season we had a record number of clean sheets and home wins. It seems that whoever the keeper is, as he isn't Kuipers, he must be rubbish. For those with short memories, when we were last at this level, Coppell brought in Beasant as Kuipers shipped 5 goals at Selhurst and then was injured, but when he was fit was still displaced by Beasant and then Roberts.
When we went up through the playoffs, Kuipers was injured again and then kept out of the team by Henderson for quite a long time, but still Kuipers can do no wrong in some eyes.
For those with even shorter memories who pine for Harper, he conceded 5 goals in 5 games. Ankergren has kept 8 clean sheets in the Championship since August. Give him a break as I'm sure Poyet will get another keeper in the summer but we don't need one in January.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
We only need 18 points from 22 games - 6 x 1-0 = 50 points and absolute safety.

Yet on current form that is a long way off. It's an open secret where Albion's weak points are as many have pointed out. The next thirty days will decide wether Gus has a long-term future at The Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here