Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ankergren today?

MrBraders

Aug 10, 2011
My House
BBC sport suggesting he kept us in it today...
any thoughts on this?????

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Best game this season by some distance. A couple of top drawer saves, and certainly earned us that point single handedly IMO.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He made one great save late in the game to keep it 0-0, he made another good save a little bit before that, but it was straight at him. He dove bravely in the first half as dunk tackled one of their players.

He probably kept us in it as much as Hull's keeper kept them in it.

MrBraders

Aug 10, 2011
My House
He made one great save late in the game to keep it 0-0, he made another good save a little bit before that, but it was straight at him. He dove bravely in the first half as dunk tackled one of their players.

Totally agree with you there, the goalkeepers were definitely the ones who kept it at 0-0... if only Ankergren could be like that all the time.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
There is no question Ankergren is a good shot stopper, but he is weak at crosses. That is why he isn't ever going to be capable of being a top Championship keeper, but he will do until we are established at this level amd can replace him in the summer. He is a good keeper at what he is best at, but all round he isn't a top 6 Championship keeper.

(sent due to boredom from samsung galaxy s)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

This. It was a game of two keepers today.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Suspiciously, he was even coming off of his line for crosses and actually connecting with the ball, good performance. I'd say Casper was the only player 'under the spotlight' who gave a good account of himself!

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Was excellent today I thought, though so were both keepers. Also, when he punched today, he got the ball away from the danger area, or from Hull players. To be fair, he had no chance at all with any of Ipswich's goals and made some excellent saves there. Only goals you could really question him over in recent games were Leeds' third and Palace's second.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm inclined to agree that yes, yes he did keep us in it.

If the crossbar has his signature on it and therefore named Ankergren, then yes, yes he DEFINITELY kept us in it !

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
thought today was his best of the season by far. Would still like a new keeper though. Basso will do. He looked class

MrBraders

Aug 10, 2011
My House
Basso was really good i thought, especially from his save from the CMS header

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Brilliant game which must ahve shown the doubting Thomas's on here that he is worthy of his place.

Maybe Barnes or Dicker will be next up?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Other than the save from CMS I dont recall Basso having to make any good saves in particular? Casper saved us a few times, great save from Fryatt pushing it around the post, great save when Mclean had a great chance to score too.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Other than the save from CMS I dont recall Basso having to make any good saves in particular? Casper saved us a few times, great save from Fryatt pushing it around the post, great save when Mclean had a great chance to score too.

There were at least two from CMS, one from the edge of the area, which he pushed over, one from two feet awat from a CMS header that he did well to hold onto (close range, so while it was right at him, it needed good reactions). I remember at least two other saves he made, but not the specifics of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here