• He is ok

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • Bring in Ernest

Votes: 10 10.4%

• Total voters

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I think he does a good job and says it how it is.To many of the club lickers on this board dont like him for that.Fact there are to many lickers that will not be able to lick if Knight goes.
Keep up the good work Andy :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The man knows sod all and manages to fill a page with it.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Got no time for him myself. Always looks for a negative slant on the situation, and lets face it there is enough that you could be negative about following the Albion, without having someone who will at times go out of his way for a dig at the club or Dick Knight in particular.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
top man...tells it like it is and isnt afraid of saying things that the powers at be may not like.

He may be detested on here, but rather him that some blue nose psycophant!

Does a good job? He does a great job of feeding his face in hospitality before each game and then managing to miss the salient points in each game before writing a match report that bears very little resemblence to the game itself. Then he manages to fill his columns with guesswork and hearsay.

I have no problem with him or anyone else criticising the club, IF they can justify the things they say. Which he can't most of the time, yet he's allowed to do it for consumption by the general public. The man's a freeloading arse.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Yes !

He questions things and says things that need to be said / asked

He upsets a few who always tow the club line but so what

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Walks a thin contentious line between telling it like it is and seemingly having his own shit stirring agenda.

His match reports are horrifically dull.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Dave the Gaffer said:
top man...tells it like it is and isnt afraid of saying things that the powers at be may not like.

He may be detested on here, but rather him that some blue nose psycophant!

His assistant could do a better job, at least he's a fan.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
dougdeep said:
His assistant could do a better job, at least he's a fan.

I dont think you have to be a fan to do a good job.

hawsey isnt a fan, and he does an excellent job as commentator

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The headlines get me, although I realise he doesn't apply them. "Albion Star injured" We don't have any bleeding stars.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Also the fact he did not ask El Abd or Wilkins about the reaction of the player at the end of that game until the following Thursday's paper was quite poor although I realise he is a far more experienced journalist than I am and so not really my place to criticise.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Richie Morris said:
Also the fact he did not ask El Abd or Wilkins about the reaction of the player at the end of that game until the following Thursday's paper was quite poor although I realise he is a far more experienced journalist than I am and so not really my place to criticise.

"Ever so humble"

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
He's ok. All in all I don't really have a problem with him. Ok, I don't agree with everything he says but on the other hand I don't think he's got some hidden agenda to bring the club to its knees.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
If it was a choice between having Mark McGhee's Cock in his ringer or breaking the story of Falmer YES, it would be the buggering every time.

The man is a WANKER.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I think it's a far healthier situation if senior sports reporters aren't fans of the team they report on. I'm not saying this will guarantee objectivity but it doesn't half help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here