Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Naylor the Argus reporter.

Do you think Andy Naylor is doing a good job reporting all things Albion?

• No, I don't like the way he reports

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • Yes, I think he is covering things well

Votes: 43 46.2%
  • I am not sure what to think.

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Taxi!

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Whether Hammond is happy or not with it being public is an issue he should take up with his agent and it is not Naylor's job to keep the club happy.

He does a good job and in the instance of Dean Hammond's contract he has written a story about a subject which is important to most Brighton fans. Isn't that his job?

He has no loyalty to the club or the players - he just writes about them. This is no different to the way the reporters on the argus newsdesk will write stories both positive and negative about Brighton City Council.

At the same time he does have an issue with Knight and that far too often is reflected in his copy, which is not good journalism.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think Andy does a good job overall. He has fall outs with the club quite often, but that is not unusual (Taggart has nothing to do with the Manchester Evening News up here for example). He is fairly objective, but is not afraid to give an opinion, which some you agree with and some you don't. Sometimes he can be a bit too speculative (such as with David Gold), but compared to the tabloids his is fairly tame fare.

It can't be easy filling the sports pages of the Anus, with only one league team in the county to report on, so I would give him 7/10.

Pretty fair summary for Naylor. I'd maybe give him 8, but agree with all the rationale.

However, you are (surprisingly!) quite kind to Taggart as it's not just the Manchester Evening News he makes life difficult for.

Ferguson considers himself so far above the herd these days that not only does he persist with the really childish boycott of Match of the Day - for reasons that are far less valid than, say Redknapp - he also doesn't bother doing the written press conference after the game performed by every other manager in the world.

He does Sky, and then the quotes you see in the papers are usually sneaked out from the MUTV interview. Problem with that is, the questions are to say the least 'soft'. The one time a plucky MUTV guy did ask a searching question of Ronaldo, Fergie went mental. So he will never regularly get asked any decent questions about tactics, selection, transfers. Maybe for a Champions League press call. After all, can't let those really big sponsors down. Twat.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
He is right to report what he finds out and I like his style better than the withdean pr machine - where all we hear is DKs side

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Never liked him. Far to biased these days.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I like the information we get from him but don't like the way he assumes too much, like saying Hammond has played his last game for the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here