Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Naylor Spot on

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
Sorry are you for real. If it was his fingers it certainly won't be a case if palming anything. And do you really think he decided to so JUST enough to try and push the ball round some imaginary set of goals?

The reality is that bridcutt losing position where he did meant the keeper was out of position and although he got his finger tips to it there was never the hope of saving it.

You're wrong. And I didn't mention Bridcutt.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You really do need to mention Bridcutt because his loss of possession is key to why harper was out of position

No, because this is about Naylor's comments on Harper. Even the Sky people said Harper was badly positioned. I reckon Casper would have saved it. Watch it again.

Last edited:

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
a few people don't reallise the fact that you can't have a multimillion stadium and a load of multimillionaire players. it logically has to only be one. you can't have amazing players without an amazing stadium. Start of last season. Do you think mackail smith, vicente would have come to brighton? what about buckley? the longer we stay in the champs., the longer we get to plan who and what we want.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
No, because this is about Naylor's comments on Harper. Even the Sky people said Harper was badly positioned. I reckon Casper would have saved it. I have nothing against Harper, if I could have chosen any out of favour keeper in the prem, then it would have been him. Watch it again.

I have watched it many times. Harper was making himself available for a pass back if one were needed. That is why he was out of position when nolan broke quickly. Given where he was he had little chance to save it in my view. Nobody is doubting he was out but the reason why is key.

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
a few people don't reallise the fact that you can't have a multimillion stadium and a load of multimillionaire players. it logically has to only be one. you can't have amazing players without an amazing stadium. Start of last season. Do you think mackail smith, vicente would have come to brighton? what about buckley? the longer we stay in the champs., the longer we get to plan who and what we want.

What does this have to do with Naylor?

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Does this Andy Naylor Actually Pay to watch Our games?. Because He's certainly getting paid to slag off the ones that do!.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
What does this have to do with Naylor?

like he said, a lot of people need a reality check. A lot of people are expecting way too much, and get disappointed that their stupidity doesn't pay off..

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Dont always agree with everything he says, but on today's Argus Q & A, he finished off with a comment that I totally endorse.......

AN:
'In my opinion a lot of our 'fans' need a little reality check, personally I am getting fed up with the moaners because we are not winning every game think the club can bus in new players. People have to remember where we have come from and a few seasons of consolidation in the championship is no bad thing. How many of the moaners went to watch the likes of Cheltenham, Macclesfield (no offence to them) on a cold wet night at Withdean and see us lose playing hoof ball??? '

Andy Naylor didn't post this on the Argus site today, I did! He answered it as his last thread!

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Absolutely nailed that in a nutshell, many of us fans said that we will be happy with a mid-table finish. So far we are achieving with a mid-table form - run of results coming our and vice versa - we have great potential ahead of us and we're going nowhere but UP.

No fan should be expecting the type of run we had last season, bigger fish to fry in the Championship I'm afraid "moaners", let's get behind the team and make the AMEX a fortress to be reckoned with!

SEAGULLS :ascarf:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The club is moving in the right direction long term and it was highly unlikely we were going to romp the league but at the moment we are slightly underachieving.

My glass is three quarters full.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
In reality...I think it is too early to go up,consolidate,build up then move up. We all know Gus and Tanno have done a great job with Tony Bloom,trouble today everybody wants instance success and if they don't get it they start whingeing.I've seen every promotion team since 1958 and it always takes time...teams that win promotion every season and go up every division usually come straight back down again...ie Northampton.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Not aimed at above post btw but I haven't seen anyone saying we should go up ... yes a few optimistic comments 4/5 weeks ago and why not? Pretty well everyone has been saying mid table is a result and if we can sneak a play off place then brill. So where are all the unrealistic expectations?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here