Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Murray

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Tim Henman got to 4th in the ATP rankings
Greg Rusedski made it to a major final

If Murray can beat Tsonga today, he'll have done both and you'd have to concede he was the finest British tennis player in living memory.

Can he do it? He's favourite obviously, but I can't believe it will be a breeze. I reckon he will, in 4 sets. And if Federer somehow beat the other jock, his chances in the final would be something approaching 50/50 I would think.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

If Murray can beat Tsonga today, he'll have done both and you'd have to concede he was the finest British tennis player in living memory.

What are you talking about Sim? Murray has already been as high as No 2 in the rankings, and has played in THREE grand slam finals!

Can he do it? He's favourite obviously, but I can't believe it will be a breeze. I reckon he will, in 4 sets. And if Federer somehow beat the other jock, his chances in the final would be something approaching 50/50 I would think.

I believe that by the end of the day Murray will be refereed to as "the Scottish tennis player" again. At least I hope so.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hasn't he already been in the Aussie open final? Twice?

I see today being another spectacular British sporting disappointment.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Can't see him choking today. Predicting he'll go a set or 2 down in the final though, then go down with an 'injury' before completing the loss

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Would it be very wrong for me to have a little bet on Murray losing today?

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove

Sorry but even if he wins today (which is a BIG if in my opinion) he would go into the final as a massive underdog. I think Federer could beat Novac today, they have never played on grass and Federer is an amazing grass player. The real final is at 1pm today

Spider

Sep 15, 2007

This post is SOOO English tennis fan. I bet you'll be going along with your Union Jack hat on and shouting "Come on Andy!"

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sorry but even if he wins today (which is a BIG if in my opinion) he would go into the final as a massive underdog. I think Federer could beat Novac today, they have never played on grass and Federer is an amazing grass player. The real final is at 1pm today

If he were to play Djokovic in the final then yes, he would be a huge underdog.

He has won more than half of his matches against Federer though, so in the case of a Murray v Fed final, he would have a reasonable CHANCE,

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is it really unpatriotic to hope than Tsonga mullers Murray?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If he were to play Djokovic in the final then yes, he would be a huge underdog.

He has won more than half of his matches against Federer though, so in the case of a Murray v Fed final, he would have a reasonable CHANCE,
Very much this. Djokovic would pummel him, Fed *might* not.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Murray is already a MILES better tennisball player than JimTim Hensonman or Old Gregg ever were.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It could well be a five-setter and I think Andy Murray will just edge it. His head-to-head record against Jo-Wilfried Tsonga is good (5-1). The crowd can play a big part to help Murray.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
US Open twice and Australian once, I think.

Yes, and he's yet to win a set in a grand slam final. If he beats Tsonga I see another straight sets defeat against either Djokovic or Federer. I hope he can prove me wrong but I think Djokovic is too strong for him and I cant see him ever beating Fed on grass, unless Fed is smoking it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here