Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Murrary

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I really think if he gets past Berdych, he'll win the final too.

Getting himself up for beating Berdych when he was expecting Federer is a worry, though Lendl seems to have really sorted the psychological side out. I backed Murray at 7/2 after he thrashed Raonic, so I hope he keeps it up!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I really think if he gets past Berdych, he'll win the final too.

Getting himself up for beating Berdych when he was expecting Federer is a worry, though Lendl seems to have really sorted the psychological side out. I backed Murray at 7/2 after he thrashed Raonic, so I hope he keeps it up!

It shouldn't be, he's lost recently more times against Berdych than won. My worry would be that he does't look quite right, his start last night and. The match the other day he was not at his best. Having said that i thought he'd struggle against Raonic, but that was a breeze.

On top form, i'd expect a Murray win and hopefully in 4 sets max to preserve some energy for the final.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
he'll be back on the slower and bigger court of arthur ashe now which he loves and played brilliant on. his worse 2 matches were on the slower armstrong. also it doesn't look like it'll be too hot which is good. and the berdych h2h a bit misleading with the clay meetings. murray won their only hard court match of the last 6 years in straight sets.

he's had the perfect preparation tbh getting tested but not using too much energy and 2 days off now

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
he'll be back on the slower and bigger court of arthur ashe now which he loves and played brilliant on. his worse 2 matches were on the slower armstrong. also it doesn't look like it'll be too hot which is good. and the berdych h2h a bit misleading with the clay meetings. murray won their only hard court match of the last 6 years in straight sets.

he's had the perfect preparation tbh getting tested but not using too much energy and 2 days off now

Good appraisal, I agree.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
he'll be back on the slower and bigger court of arthur ashe now which he loves and played brilliant on. his worse 2 matches were on the slower armstrong

are they both slower than each other?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What time is this match (UK wise)

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
What time is this match (UK wise)

He's first up at 4, followed by the other semi. It's "super-saturday" - TV rules this one, the US want both semis on the Sat, then the final on a the Sun. Not the best scenario for the players, if one has a long 5 set semi, and the other an easy straight set win, the final is a bit skewed. At Wimbles, they should both get a days' rest after the semi.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He's first up at 4, followed by the other semi. It's "super-saturday" - TV rules this one, the US want both semis on the Sat, then the final on a the Sun. Not the best scenario for the players, if one has a long 5 set semi, and the other an easy straight set win, the final is a bit skewed. At Wimbles, they should both get a days' rest after the semi.

Cheers, will miss the start however I think a Chinese take-away could be in order tonight

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

An absolutely daft way of doing it. Works in his favour, this time, should he progress. He certainly struggled in his previous US final.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
forecast not great today

looks like thunderstorms around 5 for a bit and then more in the night session

hopefully they get both men's semis done so no monday final

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The wind is clearly a problem but Berdych dealt with it much better in the first set and deservedly won it. Second set is a totally different story, Murray now attacking and a break up.

Amazing the contrast in Murray, when he isn't feeling too good and he's blocking back he looks very ordinary but when he's feeling good and attacking all over the place he looks like a player who should win major tournaments consistently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here