Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Johnson to Liverpool?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
New Real Madrid manager says Morientes will not be sold to Liverpool because it would be 'selling to your enemy'.

Palace talking to an Eastern European striker today.

I heard a rumour last month that if they lost out on Morientes, Liverpool would go after Johnson because they seem him as an ideal long term replacement to Owen.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Richie Morris said:
New Real Madrid manager says Morientes will not be sold to Liverpool because it would be 'selling to your enemy'.

Why ?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
perth seagull said:
I thought Liverpool were going to go for Anelka if they couldn't get Morientes.

I'd be amazed if Liverpool took Anelka back. Much better off with Johnson-especially as it wouls seriously impact on Phalarse's survival chances.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
perth seagull said:
I thought Liverpool were going to go for Anelka if they couldn't get Morientes.
Anelka has pissed on his chips wherever he's been. I hope he's made to see out his contract at Citeh and then breaks his leg. He and his brother are nasty kaniving pieces of work who shit on anyone they want. They represent all that is bad with player power.

On the other hand, Johnson is a top quality striker and deserves his chance at a proper football club like Liverpool, Spurs or Brighton.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Simster said:
Anelka has pissed on his chips wherever he's been. I hope he's made to see out his contract at Citeh and then breaks his leg. He and his brother are nasty kaniving pieces of work who shit on anyone they want. They represent all that is bad with player power.

On the other hand, Johnson is a top quality striker and deserves his chance at a proper football club like Liverpool, Spurs or Brighton.

Anelka actually singlehandedly funds a youth league in Paris and pays for underprivileged kids in the poorer suburbs of the city to get boots and equipment and pays people to go and coach them as well as the upkeep of their facilities.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Liverpool would make or break Johnson, he'd either go there and do shite or carry on scoring as he is doing and get into the England setup every time they play. Personally I hope he does go NOW 'cos Phalarse would be f***ed!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
id love it if he went to Liverpool. Palace would be well and truly shafted for the season.:D

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Great picture of Johnson in The Sun today, crawling all over the floor of a London cab. The Sun obviously alludes this to being because he's absolutely out of his tree, but its possible he might just be looking under the seats for his keys or something.

Nahh, ok. He was pissed.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Richie Morris said:
Anelka actually singlehandedly funds a youth league in Paris and pays for underprivileged kids in the poorer suburbs of the city to get boots and equipment and pays people to go and coach them as well as the upkeep of their facilities.
*crawls back under stone*

Is it OK to say that he is still a bit of a mercenary though?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well he will do well or fail miserably.

After all Wrighty didnt do to bad when he left Palace for Arsenal. Maybe this would be the same.

Although Johnson does strike me as a more 'old fashioned' type centre forward and Liverpool dont really play that game.

Last edited:

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Why on earth would Palace sell now? It would be suicide. He's on a long contract so he would go on our terms if we went down.

Thread is normal jealous seaweed drivel.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Palace would sell coz believe it or not their finances are not rosy enough to turn down a James Beattie type offer.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I really really rate Johnson.

If I was Liverpool, I would get in there and sign him.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He was being talked about as the new Michael Owen at Birmingham City and his first touch on his debut was spanking a 40 yaurd shot against the Plymouth bar in a Coca Cola Cup Game.

Their fans could not understand why he was used to get Morrison in.

The boy is mustard.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
paulie said:
Thread is normal jealous seaweed drivel.
Strange then, that most people on here expressing an opinion seem to rate him. ???

Anyway, "jealous seaweed drivel" will hopefully grind to halt in 3 years time when we finally have a stadium - and better than yours. :clap2: :clap2:

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Palace would sell coz believe it or not their finances are not rosy enough to turn down a James Beattie type offer.

Different scenario.

Beattie wanted a move - AJ doesn't appear to.

Redknapp wanted the money to wheel and deal - Dowie would not want to get rid.

Palaces finances are OK at the mo but would deteriorate rapidly if relegation ensued (which would be fairly certain if AJ leaves).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
With Alonso breaking his ankle, I'd have thought Liverpool will definately be in the market for another forward. Surely they've already got enought crap obscure frenchmen in their squad - a bid for Johnson is a MUST. Have to move fast to avoid him being cup-tied though.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here