Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
deleted

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
26-10-02 said:
Will mcgoo go if the twats are relegated.I wouldn't think so because who would want him.They only have him as he is cheap.:lolol:

Don't you have a motorway to go and play on?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I do not have a problem with palace players being capped for any country if they are good enough.

There are 3 problems with AJ that cast doubt on his suitability.

The penalties Ive seen him win are for diving, 9 goals from open play are not many when you play for a limited team and become the main focus for service from midfield(Remember BZ?).

Less than one season is not long enough.

He does need to play for a bigger club to see what he's made of.

I remember watching Bellamy play for Norwich and he didn't fit in cos he was to quick for the rest of the team, he's now found his level.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I pretty much agree with Looney.

Johnson may be having a good season, but he HAS only scored 9 goals from open play. He may have won most of the penalties that he's scored, but that doesn't necessarily mean he was going to score anyway.

There are loads of players down the years that have had good seasons or proven to be good league players but have never really made it on the international stage. Look at Beattie. Or Phillips, he was banging them in for fun but was never quite good enough internationally.

Having said that, he should at least be given a chance and seeing as friendlies are now utterly pointless wastes of time, the games against N.Ireland and Azerbaijan- games which, lets be honest, are bankers- would have been a perfect opportunity to test him out. Even if he played like an absolute donkey, he wouldn't cost us a win.

So it's a shame he's got injured.

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
to be fair though this was 9 goals for palace in open play. apart from the chelsea match he does almost take every chance hes given and anyone who can score for palace as aloan striker is quite talented. agree that the freindly was pointless in showing what he could do.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Albion Dan said:
Are you having a laugh Tommy?

With that Muppett in the side I would not be able to cheer if he scored! I hope it means he misses the rest of the season too.
:tosser: :tosser: You should put your pride behind you when it comes to England and cheer the team no matter what. What complete and utter load of rubbish you are talking. If AJ scored the winner in a world cup final, are you saying you would just sit in your chair and do nothing. Yaeh right sure you would. So shut up you muppet.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Croydonbloke said:
:tosser: :tosser: You should put your pride behind you when it comes to England and cheer the team no matter what. What complete and utter load of rubbish you are talking. If AJ scored the winner in a world cup final, are you saying you would just sit in your chair and do nothing. Yaeh right sure you would. So shut up you muppet.

Calm down blokemeister.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here