Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

andy johnson released

deano5

Dec 17, 2004
eb
why do we need johnson when we have owen and rooney.if you read the post properly love monkey you`d understand that having different options upfront is obviously better.:tosser:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
deano5 said:
why do we need johnson when we have owen and rooney.if you read the post properly love monkey you`d understand that having different options upfront is obviously better.:tosser:

I read all i needed to deano enough to know you know f*** all fella. Heskey has had numerous opportunities in an England shirt and for the most part has done f*** all. Why will it all change now? This will be good :jester:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
AJ just about deserves a chance. And hopefully he was with the England party just long enough to hear about how great it is everywhere else, and how much more they're all earning.

Cheerio in the summer :lolol:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Tooting Gull said:
AJ just about deserves a chance. And hopefully he was with the England party just long enough to hear about how great it is everywhere else, and how much more they're all earning.

Cheerio in the summer :lolol:

Oh its this old chestnut not the other one about how many penalties he scores. Johnson will go no doubt if Palace are relegated because he deserves Premiership football and Palace fans will wish him all the best because he has been superb for us. But if we survive i am as sure as i can be he won't be going anywhere

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
AJ is a good player but he needs to prove himself over a couple of seasons in the Prem so I guess he will be at Man City with Dowie next year. If he does cut it over a couple of years then yes he deserves a place but the argument about top scorer and a top player etc falls on short ears. Beattie was on fire last season and did not really get a chance with England. Matt Le Tissier was a world class player but never got the recognition he deserved. Glenn Hoddle who IMHO was the best midfielder England have ever had only got to represent his country around 50 times.
If the argument is that he is the form player then Emile deserves to be in as he has scored 6 in the last 10 games. I agree that Heskey should not be in the squad and that apart from our top 3 strikers we have not got a lot of other options at present. What Emile does give us is a different type of player. I personally believe AJ is to similar to Owen and Defoe and is as yet nowhere near in the same class as them 2.

Bored now so will shut up

deano5

Dec 17, 2004
eb
hesky`s a lump and causes any defence problems.fair enough he falls over alot i just think he`s an idea on the bench that could be handy.plus he`s looking more confident since joining the brummies.good enough monkey boy.:wave:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Don't be it was a good post. I genuinely believe people are barking up the wrong tree with Dowie and Man City though. They are over £60m in debt and the compensation Jordan would want would be astronomical and i'm not sure they could pay it, Strachan will be the next City manager for sure

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
deano5 said:
hesky`s a lump and causes any defence problems.fair enough he falls over alot i just think he`s an idea on the bench that could be handy.plus he`s looking more confident since joining the brummies.good enough monkey boy.:wave:

Marvellous denso so stick a lump who falls over at the slightest touch and thats what you want for the England team? Well good f***ing luck to you cos i and countless others dont :wave:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
AJ's Love Monkey said:
Marvellous denso so stick a lump who falls over at the slightest touch and thats what you want for the England team? Well good f***ing luck to you cos i and countless others dont :wave:

But if we had the ref we had against Plymouth Hesky would win us 20 pens a game:lolol:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
AJ's Love Monkey said:
Don't be it was a good post. I genuinely believe people are barking up the wrong tree with Dowie and Man City though. They are over £60m in debt and the compensation Jordan would want would be astronomical and i'm not sure they could pay it, Strachan will be the next City manager for sure

To you think that would be the case re compensation. Seeing as Dowie took so long to sign his contract, I wouldn't be surprised that he was savvy enough to have some kind of easy release clause.

Unless you know different ?

Hand on heart - can you see Dowie being there in a years time ?

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
clapham_gull said:
To you think that would be the case re compensation. Seeing as Dowie took so long to sign his contract, I wouldn't be surprised that he was savvy enough to have some kind of easy release clause.

Unless you know different ?

Hand on heart - can you see Dowie being there in a years time ?

To be honest CG Dowie is in the same boat as Johnson, if we stay up they will both stay and if not more than likely they won't be it really is a ssimple as that

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Also Dowie will always be linked with clubs in the North - West because of his well publicised family situation. But Dowie himself has always said this is not an issue with him and people make more of it than his missus does! However he has two young boys and it can't be easy being away from them most of the time whatever he says

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
AJ's Love Monkey said:
To be honest CG Dowie is in the same boat as Johnson, if we stay up they will both stay and if not more than likely they won't be it really is a ssimple as that
Will mcgoo go if the twats are relegated.I wouldn't think so because who would want him.They only have him as he is cheap.:lolol:

Last edited:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Johnson is a good player who would have played well for England. I reckon the England team needs all the help it can get.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here