Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy D'Urso = What a C,UNT

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I thought is deserved a red because it was reckless, late and dangerous. I was only amazed that D'Urso didn't give the red himself straight away without having to consult the linesman. If that only deserved a yellow, what have you got to do to get sent off, use a chainsaw?

As said earlier, if a Luton player had done that to one of ours and not been sent off there'd be a thread 10 pages long moaning about it. Don't get me wrong, D'Urso is a crap ref who ruins every game he takes charge of but he got that one right. Also thought he gave us a free kick on our box when he really could (or even should?) have given them a penalty.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can't believe some people are saying it was a red - was NEVER a red and ruined the game I believe we'd have won. D'Urso is a new hate figure - TWAT.

This should be the top thread on here - C>UNT

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Also thought he gave us a free kick on our box when he really could (or even should?) have given them a penalty.

Disagree wholeheartedly with your analysis of the Livermore red.
But the free kick you refer to was given because the guy was offside (although I agree, if he hadn't have been then that was Kuipers off and a pen).

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
W.T.F. it dont matter what the ref did last night,i agree the sending off was harsh but the game was lost in the home leg and by negative tactics after the sending off.Playing for the penalty shoot out was pathetic and our best keeper was on the bench.
All 3 were Adams fault not the ref's

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The game wasn't lost in the home leg. After Forster equalised we looked the better team for the next 15-20 minutes. Once Livermore went you felt the best hope was winning on pens, and I felt we coped with them fairly adequately.

I believe we would have gone through if Livermore had stayed on the park.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Disagree wholeheartedly with your analysis of the Livermore red.
But the free kick you refer to was given because the guy was offside (although I agree, if he hadn't have been then that was Kuipers off and a pen).
We can agree to disagree about the red, as although I don't like to see those given, they usually are these days because the refs are told to protect the players too much. If that challenge had been made in the time of the Pat van der Hauwe versus Stuart Pearce 'heavyweight championship of the world' tackle then it may not even have merited a free kick

You misunderstand the free-kick I refer to. In this one Whingy nudged Parkin into the back of Virgo as a high ball came in. D'Urso only saw the bit where Parkin fell into Virgo and gave us the free kick, when the TV replay showed clearly that Whingy pushed Parkin first and so a pen should have been given

However, the overwhelming agreement here is that D'Urso is a twat of the highest order who ruins games for his own pleasure

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
D,urso is a prize prick(anyone remember the penalty he gave leeds a few years back) but it was the fat c unt of a linesman that made the decision.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I believe we would have gone through if Livermore had stayed on the park.

I agree but also taking off Cox wasa calculated gamble that failed as we lost our attacking inpetus.

I would have played El Abd Virgo and Whing across the back and got Fraser or Jarrett to play just in front of them with Cox Birchall and either frasder or Jarrett in the centre and then played 2 x 1 in Andrew and Forster so effectivekly it would have been 3-1-3-1-1. I think Adams &co panicked by bringing on Elphick. I thought at the time it wasa red because the lino was waving furiously and having seen it on TV am now convinced it was the right decision.

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
silly tackle to attempt and probably deserved what it got.

D'Urso still had a shit game though.

Yep, this was pretty much my take on it too.

If a ref/lino had the benefit of seeing as many slo-mo replays as i've seen, then i wouldn't expect them to award any more than a yellow.

However with just one look at it i can understand why a straight red was given. I don't agree with it, but i can understand it.

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008
if his first touch was better then he wouldnt have needed to lunge, as a result the tackle got exactly what it deserved... red!!

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I swear to God, I just saw D'urso shopping with his wife in Brighton. Down North Street!
Does he live down here or something? If he doesn't, thenhe is clearly on a piss take by taking a shopping trip down here, the day after the night before!

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I swear to God, I just saw D'urso shopping with his wife in Brighton. Down North Street!
Does he live down here or something? If he doesn't, thenhe is clearly on a piss take by taking a shopping trip down here, the day after the night before!

Did you tell him what you think of him & all the supporters who thought it was a red card?;)

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
One point that doesn't seem to have been mentioned on here yet - did anybody else count the number of feet the Luton player had off the ground going in for the challenge? I made it two.....

50-50 challenge in my book, a bit naughty though - from both players. A yellow card apiece would have been more appropriate, or better still a good long lecture and then get on with the game. Don't know how much the sending off cost us the game - we were pretty awful before then, IMHO. I know the pitch was awful, and the Sky commentator made the remark that we were playing the conditions better by being more direct - but, for heaven's sake, whatever the conditions, when are Mickey and the team going to realise that they are absolute CRAP at playing hoofball?

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Did you tell him what you think of him & all the supporters who thought it was a red card?;)

No, I was on a bus on my way to work.
It may not have been him, and given the circumstances I would've thought it was VERY unlikely to be him. But if it wasn't him, then it was his TWIN!

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
I was at the game last night and watched the coverage on Sky Sports earlier and not at one point watching either did i think that challenge deserved a red card!!
Once again a poor refereeing(or linesman) desicion has cost us.
:shrug::censored:

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I agree but also taking off Cox wasa calculated gamble that failed as we lost our attacking inpetus.

I would have played El Abd Virgo and Whing across the back and got Fraser or Jarrett to play just in front of them with Cox Birchall and either frasder or Jarrett in the centre and then played 2 x 1 in Andrew and Forster so effectivekly it would have been 3-1-3-1-1. I think Adams &co panicked by bringing on Elphick. I thought at the time it wasa red because the lino was waving furiously and having seen it on TV am now convinced it was the right decision.

At first sight, I thought it was a definite red. Watching it on replay, I am convinced it was not a red!

That's football!

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
If players can't contest a 50-50 challenge anymore, then why don't we just bloody ban it? Absolute joke decision to send Livermore off...

It wasn't a 50-50 tho was it... Livermore had a terrible first touch, their players slides and gets the ball, a second later livermore lunges high after the ball had gone. IMHO it was a harsh red, could of been a yellow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here