Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy D'Urso = What a C,UNT

A definite red, the turning point of the match.

Firstly, his control is shocking, then he dives in and catches his opponent heavy giving him a dead leg. As far as I'm concerned Livermore can f*** off to wherever he came from.

Up until that point I personally thought he was having a reasonable game.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah, and Beckham played great against Argentina in 98...

lethaldrizzle

Apr 30, 2007
South East London
Anyone know anywhere you can see a clip of the tackle again? I thought it looked a bit harsh but wouldn't personally like to go out on a limb without seeing it again - it was quite a long way from where I was standing.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I think you are the Cock mate. It was a yellow card. D'Urso has f***ed us over so many times it is untrue. Although we deserved to lose for the negativity in tactics after the sending off.

If you couldn't see the intent, then you were watching a different game to me, and by the way, I called the luton fan a cock, not anyone disagreeing about the ref.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I would say it deserved a yellow rather than a red but it didnt lose us the game and IMO we played better with 10 men than 11. I think the dodgy decision was allowing 2 of the new boys to take the penalties - that if anything lost us the game.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
How can ANY self-respecting football fan, Albion or otherwise, sat that deserved a red card tonight!? :nono:
It was a joke decision between D'urso and the lino influenced by play-acting from the Luton player, and the Luton fans.
It was a 50/50, both men dived into the tackle...nothing doing! It would've been slightly different if the Luton player had the ball at his feet when it happened, but he didn't! They both had the right to go in for the ball like they did, and they did! It's not Livermore's fault. Blame the sub-standard officiating YET again. Do the FA employ clowns on purpose in the lower leagues or something?! ???

I'd like to think that I'm a self respecting football fan, but still think it was a deserved red. Firstly, Livermore took a heavy touch & lost control, from that moment you could see what would happen, Secondly, Although I rate him as a player, whenever he has played this season I have thought that his tackling is liable to get him in trouble.( he did a similar tackle in ogh's testimonial friendly, pre season.). Thirdly. If a player had tackled one of ours like that & stayed on, We would all be wingeing like girls & lastly, it all smacks of finding an excuse as to why we couldn't beat a lower league team over 180 minutes.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I'd like to think that I'm a self respecting football fan, but still think it was a deserved red. Firstly, Livermore took a heavy touch & lost control, from that moment you could see what would happen, Secondly, Although I rate him as a player, whenever he has played this season I have thought that his tackling is liable to get him in trouble.( he did a similar tackle in ogh's testimonial friendly, pre season.). Thirdly. If a player had tackled one of ours like that & stayed on, We would all be wingeing like girls & lastly, it all smacks of finding an excuse as to why we couldn't beat a lower league team over 180 minutes.

I completely disagree, it was a 50/50, he wasn't going in high and he wasn't going in with two feet. Yes he was a bit late, but that happens sometimes in football. It was never a red card.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I completely disagree, it was a 50/50, he wasn't going in high and he wasn't going in with two feet. Yes he was a bit late, but that happens sometimes in football. It was never a red card.

I saw it as a lunge because he had lost control of the ball, one foot high with studs showing. I know he didn't connect with the leading boot but I think the lunge forces the ref to take action even if it looks worse than it is.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
As soon as Livermore lost control you could see what was going to happen. It was an ugly challenge and when you do that on a mudheap with a 50/50 ball you're asking for trouble. Livermore should know better.

Agreed, silly tackle to attempt and probably deserved what it got.

D'Urso still had a shit game though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I saw it as a lunge because he had lost control of the ball, one foot high with studs showing. I know he didn't connect with the leading boot but I think the lunge forces the ref to take action even if it looks worse than it is.

Rubbish.
Their player also lunged with "studs showing". There was no intent from either player. They BOTH slid in towards the ball from a long way out, and their momentum took them into each other. There was a tangle of legs and Livermore ended up with the other guys boot in his groin, although not enough to leave him on the floor (unfortunately, because he wouldn't have been sent off if he'd stayed down).

It was a junk decision from a junk referee, and I'd have said the same if a Luton player had been on the end of it.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Rubbish.
Their player also lunged with "studs showing". There was no intent from either player. They BOTH slid in towards the ball from a long way out, and their momentum took them into each other. There was a tangle of legs and Livermore ended up with the other guys boot in his groin, although not enough to leave him on the floor (unfortunately, because he wouldn't have been sent off if he'd stayed down).

It was a junk decision from a junk referee, and I'd have said the same if a Luton player had been on the end of it.

At one point both of Livemore's feet were off the ground, he missed the ball by a long way and it just LOOKED like a red. It was patently obvious that Livermore wasn't going to be first to the ball after he lost possession anyway.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Rubbish.

It's all about opinions I suppose. I think most refs would have made the same decision.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Anyone who thinks that was a red was absolutley no idea about football!

Why do so many people think that anyone who disagrees with their (probably biased) opinion, Knows nothing about football?
OK then, anyone who thinks that was not a red is a stinky fartpants

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London

Surely it's the ref's job to sort out things that look worse than they are, and act accordingly? It was a simple 50/50 which Livermore lost - and you've got to take the atrocious state of the pitch into account too. If every challenge like that warranted a red most games would end eight a side.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Surely it's the ref's job to sort out things that look worse than they are, and act accordingly? It was a simple 50/50 which Livermore lost - and you've got to take the atrocious state of the pitch into account too. If every challenge like that warranted a red most games would end eight a side.

I don't know why I'm replying as we obviously will not agree. But imho games do not end up 8 a side because, as a rule, players do not give the ref the oppurtunity to send them off because they tackle properly.
Now if I can just draw your attention to my previous post, That is my final word.;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here