Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andrew Whing - Would You Play Him On Saturday?

Whing

• Play Whing, He is good enough

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • Play Whing, give the lad what he wants

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • Play Hoyte

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Play Calderon

Votes: 95 61.7%
  • Something Else

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • FFS :rant:, ANOTHER Villa Thread

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters

D

Deleted User X18H

Give him a cameo last 10. Unless we're one up of course.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Up to Gus. If he thinks Calderon should keep the shirt then go with him. If it's between Hoyte and Whing, then it's Whing no contest.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Poyet said he wants two players for every position and some positions three, right back isn't likely to be one of those positions. As already mentioned there really isn't room for sentiment however it would be quite a fitting way if his last appearance was coming on for 20 minutes at the end of the game.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I would play Calderon from the start and then bring Whing on in the second half when Calderon starts to look tired. I think that Calderon is worth starting for the extra dimension he brings to our attack.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Should be:

Calderon - Tunnicliffe - Elphick - McNulty

With Whing and Virgo on the bench

Will be:

Calderon - Virgo - Elphick - Hoyte

With Tunnicliffe and McNulty on the bench :down:

Last edited:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
No chance. Play your best right back which at the moment is Calderon.

For too long this club has been a charity and it finally seems as if Gus is changing this mentality.

We have a good away record and Villa have had a couple of slip ups recently. We should be playing to get some sort of result.

Correct!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
He's kept Hoyte because he clearly doesn't rate Whing. There will be another signing at right-back in the summer I suspect for cover when Hoyte goes. Not sure when Whing's contract runs out, but he'll be on his way. I agreee give him ten minutes at the end but Calderon should start.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Give him 10 mins off the bench towards the end when we are 0-2 up and seeing the game out...

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Whingy should be given a spot on the bench. If, later on in the game, it looks like we can get something out of it - then we stay with our strongest team at that moment; if we are getting stuffed, then bring him on.

Bringing him on against Villa might also be the spur to reignite the passion in the Whingy of old.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Whing was Player of the Season last year mainly for effort and passion. He stood out amongst some pretty mediocre performers in last seasons relegation struggles as one of the few who actually cared. Unfortunately, he does not have the footballing ability to match that effort and looks quite vulnerable sometimes. He was woeful earlier this season although granted, coming back from injury does not help. I would say loan him out to get some games.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Passion is brilliant, although can anyone see Whingy being SO fired up that he CRASHES into one of Villa's quick young things a little too 'enthusiastically' and leaves us with ten men..?

Oct 25, 2003
i'm not sure we should start playing players based on who they supported as a kid

calderon sounds like he had a decent game at the weekend- keep him in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here