Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andrew Whing - Would You Play Him On Saturday?

Whing

• Play Whing, He is good enough

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • Play Whing, give the lad what he wants

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • Play Hoyte

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Play Calderon

Votes: 95 61.7%
  • Something Else

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • FFS :rant:, ANOTHER Villa Thread

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters

dahdevon

Oct 3, 2009
from this thread,you can definatley tell who resigned to the fact that we are gonna recieve a severe tonking on saturday.me for one am going up for the win,so hes got to play caulderon.....
play to win it boys.
no sentiment in footy,but i do still love ya whingy....
dah

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Calderon to start but Whingy on the bench. If we are out of the game then he should get a token run-out. or if Calderon can't last then he should come on for him.
He was our player of the season ladt year and choose to stay with us when his contract was up in the summer, as a club we possible owe him the oppurtunity.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I voted play him, but I am not sure why - just think he would rise to the occassion

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
Maybe worth a start, but place adequate replacements on the bench. after all will Villa be risking Ashley Young in the game? if they do Whingy'll kick him twice in the first 2 mins.

Whingy has been unlucky really. He's a proper defender - not necessarily skilled on the ball, but a machine in getting into the right place at the right time, and clearing the ball from danger areas to transfer it to the midfield.

He should always be considered, and if not in the first team, first choice off the bench

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Calderon. Played well, deserves to keep his place. Say Snoopy was a fan of Shrewsbury Town, and we played them in an earlier round, should we automatically give him a starting place? No. Just because Villa are a BIG team, mean's jack.

Whing, not knowing how BIG a fan of Villa he is, would he rather beat Villa knocking them out of the FA Cup, in a year which they probably have their best chance of winning it, or, let them continue their charge to Wem-ber-lee... What? I'm not saying he's going to throw the game or summin' :thumbsup:

It's interesting to see how some people have completely written off Whingy in a similar way to them writing off Virgs.

Now our Adam was given a chance after not getting a look in and has played some of his best stuff and made some crucial tackles at important times.

I wouldn't begrudge Whing a start or at worst 20 minutes at the end which apart from allowing him his deserved moment of glory would give him an opportunity to stake a claim for the future which could be of benefit to the team as a whole.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
It's interesting to see how some people have completely written off Whingy in a similar way to them writing off Virgs.

Now our Adam was given a chance after not getting a look in and has played some of his best stuff and made some crucial tackles at important times.

I wouldn't begrudge Whing a start or at worst 20 minutes at the end which apart from allowing him his deserved moment of glory would give him an opportunity to stake a claim for the future which could be of benefit to the team as a whole.

I still think he can do a job, and did vote for him on this thread. Having said that the experience that the Spaniard brings will be vital in a game like this.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I haven't seen enough of Whing this season to make any sort of judgement. I think he has been unlucky though as he has had fitness issues this season and there have been very few reserve games to make a name for oneself. He has his limitations, but I would prefer to have him in the trenches that some of our players.

I wouldn't drop Calderon, seemingly he did nothing to deserve being dropped, and would probably have Whing on the bench.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
I'd play Hoyte on saturday. I know a lot of people on here don't rate him that much, but I think his pace would be invaluable if Villa play Agbonlahor and/or Ashley Young. Otherwise we are going to have sod all pace at the back and those two will have a field day.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
People say sentiment has no place in football.

Bollocks to that I say.

If we're 4-0 down, stick him on for the last 15 minutes. It'll be one of the highlights of his life. You don't want to deny him that unless there's a bloody good reason to (e.g. whoever starts at right back is playing out of their skin and we're somehow hanging on).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Whing will get himself sent off as he lunges in passionately everytime he is skinned by a pacy Villa player. I wouldn't even consider playing him as I'm more interested in the Albion playing to the best of their ability, and not taking into account the fact that one of their players supports the opposition. :shrug:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
No, definitely not! The clown is even in the Argus having a Villa love-in with his dad. Hardly the type of thing a professional footballer should be doing. He should not be in "supporter mode" like the rest of us, he should be getting on with his job, and forgetting all about the fact that he supports Villa. How can he play against a team that he is that stupid about?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If I played for Villa, I wouldn't want to play against Brighton. I wouldn't want to play against Brighton at all. But if he's man enough, and mature enough to play against the club he loves then he's more a man than I am!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Where is the option for No do not play him as he isnt good enough to make our 1st X1.

I would put Calderon, Hoyte, El Abd when fit and Virgo in front of him as a choice for tight back.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Play Calderon, but bring Whing on as sub at end...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here