Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andorra v England

Arthur said:

I've lost count the amount of away games I've been to with the Albion and not bothered with the game or left before half time.

I only ever came close to leaving ONE Albion match at half-time. We played crap, it was at the Goldstone on a miserable wet drizzley night, and hadn't looked like even threatening the Walsall goal.

I spent the h/t just rounding off chats with pals in the South Stand, and saying my goodbyes - and the game started up again so I decided to give it a few minutes.....

The rest is statistical history!

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Arthur said:
I've lost count the amount of away games I've been to with the Albion and not bothered with the game or left before half time.

To be fair, the games that you've left before half time normally come about because you've been 'invited' to leave by the Police.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
England's away Euro 2008 qualifier against Andorra on 28 March is likely to take place in Barcelona.
The national stadium in Andorra holds just 1,800 and their Football Association has appealed to Uefa to switch the game.

Uefa's executive committee will reach its decision on Thursday and is expected to approve the plan.

The match would then be played at Espanyol's Olympic Stadium, which has a much larger capacity.

The Football Association has backed Andorra's application.

England played in Liechtenstein four years ago when only a tiny fraction of their official supporters were able to obtain tickets, leading to a major security headache.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
been looking forward to this, just a shame its going to make the caps mainly pointless really

Dennis and Lois

Aug 10, 2006
Two of the 49
on the England website its guaranteed a ticket to all 12,000 applicants, shame really, I was looking forward to a 'West Ham style' my gardens bigger than your garden argument!

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Managed to get flights from Gatwick for £90pp and booked a hotel for £30pp as soon as venue was confirmed this morning. We were going to go with Thomas Cook, but it's cheaper this way and we get a night out into the bargain. Really looking forward to this one as not been to Barcelona before. Couldn't justify the expense for Israel even though we were guaranteed tickets....

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
How central is the stadium? Just trying to book a hotel/flight.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
get a feeling the atmosphere at this game is going to be dire, much like Holland game :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here