Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andorra v England

Oct 25, 2003
Timbo said:
Why the f*** let these nations enter the Euro's if they don't have a stadium capable of hosting games?

correct

either we let andorra host their HOME games in their OWN country, or not let them play at all

why should their fans have to travel to barcelona to watch their national team play a HOME game, just because england will send too many fans, and their might be trouble?

how about english football fans stop being TWATS? that might help

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
turienzo's lovechild said:
correct

either we let andorra host their HOME games in their OWN country, or not let them play at all

why should their fans have to travel to barcelona to watch their national team play a HOME game, just because england will send too many fans, and their might be trouble?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

In this case I am not sure the behaviour of the England fans is the principle problem. It is more that the English do travel, with or without tickets. If it is played in Andorra they only have to give us about 100 tickets and over 10,000 have applied.

The numbers travelling is the problem.

Oct 25, 2003
then why are so many planning on travelling without tickets? just stay at home! they surely KNOW the capacity limitations in andorra, they know its a small place. why bother going?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
then why are so many planning on travelling without tickets? just stay at home! they surely KNOW the capacity limitations in andorra, they know its a small place. why bother going?

Generally the bigger games have been played in Spain and that is what people pressumed would be happening this time.

Why are Andorra allowed to play in a stadium that only holds 1000, where as league clubs in this country are meant to have grounds that hold at least 6000?

Oct 25, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
Generally the bigger games have been played in Spain and that is what people pressumed would be happening this time.

Why are Andorra allowed to play in a stadium that only holds 1000, where as league clubs in this country are meant to have grounds that hold at least 6000?

i would've atleast waited until the venue was confirmed before i sorted out my travel

and your point about capacity goes back to timbo's point. if their ground is not international standard, then why is their team? why are they in FIFA if their ground is inadequete for international fixtures?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
i would've atleast waited until the venue was confirmed before i sorted out my travel

and your point about capacity goes back to timbo's point. if their ground is not international standard, then why is their team? why are they in FIFA if their ground is inadequete for international fixtures?

But then if you wait you end up paying more.

Far easier to take the risk and get a cheap Easyjet flight sorted as soon as they go on sale.

le ros bif

Jan 3, 2007
sw france
Live about an hour and a half from Andorra.....missus does lovely full English breakfast.....spare room empty....only problem could be SNOW in late March, which is probably why they're thinking of alternative venue?:cool:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
sorry, i meant "why bother going WITHOUT a ticket"

Why? Because half the time following any football club the football is just the side show.

I've been places all over the world without a ticket (most recently England game in Amsterdam and Old Firm game just before Christmas) and wouldn't have overly bothered if I hadn't got one. That said, I've never once not been able to obtain a ticket (which is why the whole West Ham ticket farce and people wetting their pants about not getting a ticket was even funnier)

I've lost count the amount of away games I've been to with the Albion and not bothered with the game or left before half time.

Yoda

English & European
i have a bit of a problem with all this

having the game at the mini estadi would, really, turn it into a home game for england, as there would be FAR more english than andorrans(?). who the f*** do the fa think they are? telling another country to play their HOME GAME in another country, just because their ground is too small?! what a load of BOLLOCKS

http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/europe/andorra/comunal.shtml

there it is....i'm sure our "superstars" have played at worse grounds in their careers.

this is a pretty big game for andorra, and i'm sure their people would LOVE to see it, so play the game in ANDORRA

:eek: :eek: :eek: Withdean's BETTER than that!!!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
If it's in the Olympic Stadium count me in, I'd love a weekend in Barcelona and I imagine if 11,000 members have applied you can double that number with normal fans who'd like to go.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
These tinpot nations should have to pre-qualify. Bloody ridiculous playing a bunch of goat-herders who don't even have the capacity to host their own home fixtures.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
crodonilson said:
If it's in the Olympic Stadium count me in, I'd love a weekend in Barcelona and I imagine if 11,000 members have applied you can double that number with normal fans who'd like to go.

If its in the Olympic stadium that holds 56000 then the place is goign to be mobbed. Ticket prices on Easyjey are still reasonable....watch the prices go up tomorrow !!!

Dennis and Lois

Aug 10, 2006
Two of the 49
yes 11000 have applied, but 7000 applied for the 4500 Israel tickets but when they were allocated only 2600 actually bought the tickets, i'd say 10000 england fans inc non members

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Israel tickets were only £15 each which is a bargain, really looking forward to that trip. We fly out Friday evening and back Tuesday directly with BA.

Booked up a day trip for Andorra with Thomas Cook due to the uncertainty over the venue. They have already played at home for one match so need UEFA permission to "break the rules" and play the England match outside of Andorra.

Most England fans I know have taken the risk that the game is in Barcelona and are flying from Tel Aviv to Barcelona on the Monday or Tuesday.

Fingers crossed for them that tomorrows announcement is that the game is in Barcelona!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here