Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andorra v England

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Anyone heard anything about the venue for this match yet.........thought they would of had to announce the venue by now to allow for ticketing to be sorted. The last rumour I heard was that it was going to be moved to Barc's trainign ground....can't rememebr the name of it though !!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
cardboard said:
Olympic stadium, Barcelona i believe

That's where Espanyol play, isn't it?

Or haved they moved into their new stadium now?

Oct 25, 2003
the mini estadi is NOT barca's training ground anymore, its where barca B and barca C play, it holds about 20,000 i believe

andorra, being catalan, would play there rather than the olympic stadium i'd imagine

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
turienzo's lovechild said:
the mini estadi is NOT barca's training ground anymore, its where barca B and barca C play, it holds about 20,000 i believe

andorra, being catalan, would play there rather than the olympic stadium i'd imagine

However I think Andorra still want to play it in Andorra and the FA are objecting, hence the delay as UEFA have to make the final decision.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

15,276 :)

Also, Andorra have played games there before.

Last edited:

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
If its at the Mini Estadi there's got to be a good chance of getting a flight over and grabbing a ticket outside the ground. Can't believe that Andorra would have many there. Done some mor investigationa nd apparantly the decision is being made on Wednesday !!!

Oct 25, 2003
i have a bit of a problem with all this

having the game at the mini estadi would, really, turn it into a home game for england, as there would be FAR more english than andorrans(?). who the f*** do the fa think they are? telling another country to play their HOME GAME in another country, just because their ground is too small?! what a load of BOLLOCKS

http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/europe/andorra/comunal.shtml

there it is....i'm sure our "superstars" have played at worse grounds in their careers.

this is a pretty big game for andorra, and i'm sure their people would LOVE to see it, so play the game in ANDORRA

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
i have no idea, but i reckon you're gonna tell me that it wasn't in andorra aren't you?:blush:

I do not know.

But if UEFA are consistent with their stance over Leichenstien v England in 2003, then you either play all your home games in your home ground or you move all of them to a neutral venue.

That game could not be moved to Zurich as Leichenstien had played their other qualifiers in Leichenstein (probably spelt that wrong).

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

having the game at the mini estadi would, really, turn it into a home game for england, as there would be FAR more english than andorrans(?). who the f*** do the fa think they are? telling another country to play their HOME GAME in another country, just because their ground is too small?! what a load of BOLLOCKS

there it is....i'm sure our "superstars" have played at worse grounds in their careers.

this is a pretty big game for andorra, and i'm sure their people would LOVE to see it, so play the game in ANDORRA

Isn't that Withdean?

Oct 25, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
I do not know.

But if UEFA are consistent with their stance over Leichenstien v England in 2003, then you either play all your home games in your home ground or you move all of them to a neutral venue.

That game could not be moved to Zurich as Leichenstien had played their other qualifiers in Leichenstein (probably spelt that wrong).

they played MACEDONIA at the Estadi Comunal - Andorra La Vella

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
they played MACEDONIA at the Estadi Comunal - Andorra La Vella

In theory then the England game should be there.

I know Andorra want it there and the FA have been lobbying UEFA to have it moved.

The problem is England fans will travel with or without tickets and it could be a nightmare with loads of people about in smallish city and no tickets. I remember for Liechenstein, their police could not cope with the numbers, so they had Swiss and Austrian police helping that day.

Dennis and Lois

Aug 10, 2006
Two of the 49
A decision is due on weds. the money is now on Espanyols stadium. Over 11000 England members have applied for tickets, i'd guess thousands have booked hotels and flights (we have)
I'm not sure its arrogance by the FA if the game is requested to be played in Barca (or Toulouse etc) If the game is played in Andorra La Villa, good luck to them,we'd accept that and have a nice break in Barca, However there are thousands of other England fans who would take leave of there senses and travel to/invade the beautiful principality so with that in mind we hope its Barcelona

Last edited:

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

Think really that you have to use a bit of common sense. Like somone else has pointed out it could be a safetly risk if played in Andorra............They've played in Barcelona before so its not as if England are being trated differently.................just move the game and give everyone a chance to see it.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Why the f*** let these nations enter the Euro's if they don't have a stadium capable of hosting games?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here