Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And the first goal of pre-season is scored by....

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
What proof against the mighty Burgess Hill ?

Ha. No. Just from the few times i've seen him for Rovers. And what i've heard from people here (Bristol, not NSC). He's a Poyet type player and i think he'll really flourish in a fluid team.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Just had a look at a report from last season. This year has a very different feel to it doesn't it :D

Brighton boss Gus Poyet hailed Radostin Kishishev following the 1-0 friendly win at Burgess Hill and is now considering making an offer for the on-trial midfielder. The former Charlton man, who has been training with the Seagulls during pre-season, was among the stand-out performers on Saturday afternoon, while fellow trialist Kevin Bobson was also assessed. Poyet, who saw Glenn Murray score the only goal of the game, told the club's official website: "Kishishev, as you saw (against Burgess Hill), is an outstanding player. He knows the game and understands the game. He knows what is needed to play in different positions and he brings in a lot of experience. "It's down to the chairman but we are going to try and have a talk with him and offer him a contract. He can be a key player for us in the future." On Bobson, he added: "Kevin came from Holland and we had some good reports but I think he came in at the wrong time to be fair, because he is not at the same level of fitness. I'll talk more about him later but we have a decision to make."

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ft 3-0

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Is this a joke? Will Hoskins compared to Kevin Mclard? Dear goodness. People are allowed to get exited/happy/interested in a pre-season if they want. Don't be so bloody miserable!

no it aint a joke,he scored a goal v burgess hill,like mcloud did v worthing preseason,
its a statement,and as for being miserable,keeping it real eh,i suppose

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
just back from the game, it was a game of 2 halves lol.

first half, brighton were camped out in the BH half, and press pres press, good half, but should have had more attempts on goal, whereas the second half, new team started, and it was as the first half, attack, attack, attack, but we had better movement throughout.

Hoskins looked good, Noone looked good, until he decided to run in to the dugout, meeting it with his head...

CMS, made some interesting runs, and looks a handful to any defence, i would love to see what he can do with a championship defence, as he wont get the freedom. He didnt manage to find the sprout bag, but he looks a handful...

all in all, looks positive, and hopefully more of the same on wednesday night.

The BH keeper played a blinder, as did there defence (organised). Their midfield second half were organised, and as for their forwards i cannot say much, as they hardly had much effect on the game due to lack of their possession.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here