Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

and the best town..

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
New York, Paris, Berlin - about my three favourite cities at any time of day.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Sydney
or Glasgow
or London

What he said. Def my top three.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
New York, but Manhattan is a bit pricey. Brooklyn and Queens offer more entertainment per buck.

Used to be Berlin in Europe, but I haven't been in 20 years. Don't know what it's like since the wall came down. Has it lost the edge it used to have?

Brussels is really good too.

Wherever you are, it always helps if you're with someone who lives there and knows the best places...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Trufflehound said:
Used to be Berlin in Europe, but I haven't been in 20 years. Don't know what it's like since the wall came down. Has it lost the edge it used to have?
To be honest, I've only really dipped my toe very slightly into it - although I can well imagine that, a bit like North Laine on a bigger scale, with money everywhere now, it's less cutting edge than it was. But - not been there for 20 years?! You can go there 12 months apart and entire parts of the town have changed. Remedy this forthwith, preferably staying in Prenzlauer Berg.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Ýzmir, Mexico City, Krakow, Sarajevo (I kid you not!) and Bangkok

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Man of Harveys said:
New York, Paris, Berlin - about my three favourite cities at any time of day.

I'd agree with NY and Berlin but Paris can be a bit up itself. If you're looking at French cities, Marseille has more of an edge.

I'd plump for Berlin above all others but did have a couple of wild nights in Belgrade a few years ago: I'd like to go back there.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
UK - Newcastle without a doubt, nothing beats Digital on a Friday night.

Abroad - Hasn't been mentioned yet actually but I would say Auckland mainly because it ended up being a piss up with Jerry Collins.

Oct 25, 2003
robinwoolley said:
UK - Newcastle without a doubt, nothing beats Digital on a Friday night.

:clap:

apart from liquid on a wednesday, or bluebamboo any night

read in some NATIONAL paper that bluebamboo is supposed to be the best club in the COUNTRY

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Yeah I read that aswell...it is good but I don't think it can be that good. Saw Babayaro in there a couple of weeks ago though. Haven't been to Liquid yet (going tomorrow though), what is it like?

Oct 25, 2003
liquid is BRILLIANT, going there tonight i think

practically NAKED dancers, JACUZZI, great music and cheap drinks

(i think wednesday is a student night btw)

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Stinkers Bridge said:
UK - I would have to go along with Buxted.
Foreign - I would probably have to plump for Jarvis Brook.

I have visited both these places on Scout Gala days and, believe me, a wild time was had by all :cheers:

Agree with Buxted, but think you have over looked Lye Green for best foreign destination...the village jamboree was a right hoot this year!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
4 favourites. Dublin is my number 1 for it's great restaurants and pubs and fantastic tasting GUINNESS :drink:

Elsewhere, Sydney is a cracking night out with a huge range of stuff to do, Tokyo is completely crazy but very very expensive and Taipei is also fantastic - wander from sushi bar to whisky bar to meat market to dance club at a fraction of the Tokyo price for the same sort of night :smokin:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
tommy boy said:
liquid is BRILLIANT, going there tonight i think

practically NAKED dancers, JACUZZI, great music and cheap drinks

(i think wednesday is a student night btw)

In that case I might do down there tonight. It might replace our usual Wednesday night Attic session.

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Might see you down there!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here