Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] And out come the bed wetters... Back the team, back the manager, back the club FFS

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
You don’t think it’s an over reaction for all the Potter out comments, Potter should go threads, just because we lost a game to a good Southampton side, via a dubious VAR call?

GP kept us up last season, and we’re not even in the bottom 3!

If we go down, or become rooted to the bottom, then that’s a situation that warrants this kind of behaviour.

So yes, sorry I think the over reaction from grown men here is frankly embarrassing.

You seem keen for a fight. I'm not going to rise to it. But I will say that if you think me saying one win at home in a year is bad is "bed wetting" then I guess I am. Personally I'm not in the "Potter Out" camp right now, but I am firmly in the "Sort it out quickly, Potter" camp.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Nope not season 4 - I appreciate you just want to vent, but there's no need to make shit up.
The top 10 announcement was made after Hughton went. We are about 1.28 seasons into the plan.

Season on Season improvements from my perspective:

Season 1
10 men behind the ball - D&D throwing themselves in front of numerous chances inside the box to keep us up
points total staying broadly in line with keeping up tracker

Season 2
Start to try and play more attacking football - relative success - get humped by Fulham from being 2-0 up - revert to Season 1 tactics

Season 3
Complete change in philosophy - more attacking play aligned to some naivety against top clubs

Season 4
Competing with top 6 sides - still struggling with physical sides and teams setting up for the draw - but Bissouma/Lamptey/Lallana/Welbeck looking likely to improve this.

I agree that points wise very little has changed.
The difference between 2 seasons ago and now, is there is a plan to improve that and players capable of making that happen.

You said your seeing improvements year on year
Surely you have to accept potters home form is more than worrying in fact it’s relegation material ,no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's an interesting comparison with Southampton.

Now I know the info. is sketchy, but our highest earner I believe is on around £50k pw. Southampton apparently have 7 players earning more than £50k. There capital they have recouped through player sales is huge.

They've stuck by Ralph Hasenhüttl even when it looked like he was taking them down. They've had their rocky periods. He's been in the job a year longer than Potter, has had more top flight experience, and this is the first season they're clear of the relegation scrap.

zamora the merrier

Mar 1, 2009
All or any of the above... but here is a key indicator leading to my frustration with Potter at the moment. Why play White as a makeshift m/f player, when we have the very able Alzate sitting unused?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Agree I really don't understand it at all. When I have seen Alzate he has been excellent, one of the standout performers last season. Maybe he is a poor trainer or Potter doesn't like him with Biss

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
You don’t think it’s an over reaction for all the Potter out comments, Potter should go threads, just because we lost a game to a good Southampton side, via a dubious VAR call?

GP kept us up last season, and we’re not even in the bottom 3!

If we go down, or become rooted to the bottom, then that’s a situation that warrants this kind of behaviour.

So yes, sorry I think the over reaction from grown men here is frankly embarrassing.

Nothing to do with Losing to saints more about home form since he been at club especially last year . Gone backwards and defending as bad as it’s ever been

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Nothing to do with Losing to saints more about home form since he been at club especially last year . Gone backwards and defending as bad as it’s ever been

Weird though, as the games I've been able to watch under Potter at home have been better and more entertaining generally, and we've definitely taken it to the bigger teams, even if results haven't always gone our way. Defending is always a consequence of attacking. You cannot attack more and expect to defend as much. We take more risks and are getting punished more often. The real worry is set piece defending as we should be in good shape for those.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Weird though, as the games I've been able to watch under Potter at home have been better and more entertaining generally, and we've definitely taken it to the bigger teams, even if results haven't always gone our way. Defending is always a consequence of attacking. You cannot attack more and expect to defend as much. We take more risks and are getting punished more often. The real worry is set piece defending as we should be in good shape for those.

Yep fair comment
Don’t rate Webster gives the ball away far to often
Do think we are a striker short Connolly should be out on loan to a championship side
And I fail to understand the alzate and Aj issue
Plus bringing in u23 keeper for one game ahead of your no 2 keeper baffling can’t believe that sends out the right message either
Losing at home take striker off ?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
You said your seeing improvements year on year
Surely you have to accept potters home form is more than worrying in fact it’s relegation material ,no?

Home form? Has been really good IMO.
Home Results?? not so good.
Even given that home results are poor, no one ever gets relegated on home results alone.

7 pts from Palace/Everton/Newcastle/Villa/Spurs. Is above Par. No?

Good teams come to the Amex and know they are going to have to perform to get a result.
Bad teams set up for a draw and often we aren't able to break them down.

That's Premier league football baby!
That's the way it is.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
All or any of the above... but here is a key indicator leading to my frustration with Potter at the moment. Why play White as a makeshift m/f player, when we have the very able Alzate sitting unused?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Agreed, but my frustration with the substitution goes further
White should have stayed on and replaced Webster who was having a really bad night

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
How is that improving year on year?
If I was Tony B I would not be happy..

I think what you mean to say is if Tony Bloom were you then he wouldn't be happy.
Fortunately he isn't.
He's an extremely intelligent shrewd business man who evaluates every risk he takes and knows the value of the potential reward/loss of every decision he makes.

As a fan Tony will look at the table/Home results and want/demand better.
As a business man he will evaluate the data from our performances and know we are improving.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I think what you mean to say is if Tony Bloom were you then he wouldn't be happy.
Fortunately he isn't.
He's an extremely intelligent shrewd business man who evaluates every risk he takes and knows the value of the potential reward/loss of every decision he makes.

As a fan Tony will look at the table/Home results and want/demand better.
As a business man he will evaluate the data from our performances and know we are improving.

Well lets judge that at the end of the season. More than 41 points and we are improving.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
How is that improving year on year?
If I was Tony B I would not be happy..

There is no doubt whatsoever that last season was an improvement on the season before, none.

More points, more goals, more away wins, better position in the table. A clear unequivocal improvement.

This season so far we are not looking like improving on last season but we are only 11 games in so we will have to wait and see. If come the end of the season there hasn’t been an improvement on last season you may have a point. As it’s stands you don’t have a point at all.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Fans are totally entitled to express their opinions on NSC, that's what it's for, and personal vilification just because you disagree with someone is totally unacceptable.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Home form? Has been really good IMO.
Home Results?? not so good.
Even given that home results are poor, no one ever gets relegated on home results alone.

7 pts from Palace/Everton/Newcastle/Villa/Spurs. Is above Par. No?

Good teams come to the Amex and know they are going to have to perform to get a result.
Bad teams set up for a draw and often we aren't able to break them down.

That's Premier league football baby!
That's the way it is.

Don’t get points for playing well baby
Few points at home put more pressure on away games

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yep, and away from home is where Potter’s delivered the points...

Well actually this is becoming increasingly true for lots of clubs.
The expectation of home advantage has been seriously challenged since restart.

The advantage is increasingly marginal, however team's playing differently at home than they would away opens up opportunities for the away team.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Nope you're wrong

The wetters are always convinced that the club are about to be relegated and this is because of some inherent fault in the club's recruitment policy/manager's tactics/Player's ability.
This get's heightened after a loss.
For wetters it's all about the threat of relegation right now. It's always about to happen. It's always reactionary.
The words most often bandied around at his point arer "unacceptable" and "embarassing" This is the utter tosh of which you speak.
When have you ever been embarrassed of the club?

The lickers get the club's policy and have brought in to the project.
They know we have the best owner in the division, who is shrewd, wealthy and a fan.
He has outlined his vision of producing our own players and has invested heavily in this area.
We don't see anything in the Wetter's arguments to sway us that th eclub are on the right track.

Stopped reading after that. Grow up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here